I like to crochet. It seems like more and more people are learning this skill all the time. I love to look around on Etsy and see what's there, and the different things people crochet. One of our family favorites is This. If I go look around in just the right mood, I could spend forever checking things out. It's fun.
Like I said though, I like to crochet. I crocheted Kate's blessing dress and Hannah's blessing dress. Both tedious in the repetition that comes with something like that, but both turned out well. Oddly enough, I can NOT for the life of me crochet a HAT! What in the what?!? I know, weird. I'm working on it. I've had a lot of frustration over this, and follow the pattern exactly, and it turns out too small or too huge, or weird, or something. It's so frustrating. I know if I keep trying and practicing that it'll happen.
I've decided that after I perfect the difficulties of a hat (lol, apparently they're WAY harder than a dress), and get a few made I'm going to open an Etsy shop. If you go browse around there is no shortage of crocheted hats in that little elm of the world, but why not add to it? I was thinking of making little booties also, and maybe even flowers. I really, really, really want to sell my dresses though too. I think if I can get things settled in a basic shop, I'm going to get working on another dress. I know I have to have a couple ready made to sell right away, but I'd also take personalized orders for length and color (white or off-white). Sometimes if feels like a long shot, and I know the audience isn't a huge, and really, it'll be expensive for the buyer, but I figure if I make 1 or 2 more, than maybe I'll sell 1 or 2, or maybe if I never sell them I'll just give them away, lol.
Maybe it won't all go down like I plan. It probably won't. Most things in life change according to my plan. :) It ends up being okay though. Maybe posting here and putting it out there will help me to make sure it gets done and gets started. I guess we'll find out, lol!!
3 comments:
I think it is so good to have a dream like this. I think it will go well. And just make sure you are doing it for you and no one (or no money) else.
How fun! As a photographer, I'm on there all the time searching for the 'next' big thing in newborn photography. Make sure your product photos rock and you'll do great! Good luck!
I think this is a great idea. If I was having a daughter I would love to buy one of your dresses. They are beautiful. I love to crochet too but I am no where near as talented as you. Infact, sometimes I feel like ALL I can crochet is a hat. haha I think your shop would be successful. I am excited to see what you make.
Post a Comment