I have a lot of things on my camera I need to get on the computer and write up about. BUT, that won't be happening tonight.
A while back I had a friend write up what she did one morning. Not like a list, but she wrote the time and everything. I've always had it in my mind that I'd love to do it for a day. HOWEVER, I couldn't last that long. Things just got too crazy. I did finally remember to do it yesterday though, I did it from 6:20 AM when I woke up until 12:00 noon. I wanted to blog about it. Not to up anybody or not to show you how crazy everything is. It is just interesting to me.
I feel like I get asked a lot, "How do you do it?" I laugh. I think every single time I laugh. How do any of us do anything? Really?!? We all have hard things. One baby is really hard! It is. When you only have one and that's what you know, it's a huge adjustment. Adding more kids makes for more adjusting. I have a sweet friend of mine on bed rest. She has 3 kids. She isn't even supposed to get out of bed! That's hard! I can't even imagine. I have my day to day struggles, and life is hard. Life is fun, and it's crazy, and it's full to laughter, and tears and hitting, and hugging. Anyways .... on to my day!
Wednesday May 4, 2011
6:20 AM: Got woken up (I wake up differently every morning, so I don't know if I was awoken by an alarm, a child, or if I just woke up).
6:30 AM: Get out of bed and get dressed
6:35 AM: Put contacts in and pull my hair up
6:37 AM: Get a load of laundry started
6:40 AM: Clean up toys in toy room, and help Kate pick up her room.
6:55 AM: Down stairs to help with breakfast
6:57 AM: Make quick breakfast barritos (cook up tortillas, eggs, and grab cheese, ya know, easy stuff), get yogarts for kids, bowls, spoons.
7:00 AM: Say family prayer
7:05 AM: I finally get around to eating and getting myself some water.
7:15 AM: Clean up breakfast
7:20 AM: Dale shows me where the cement forms should go (to ensure that it was done right while he was at work).
7:27 AM: Clean up the rest of breakfast.
7:30 AM: Get Jack out of his high chair
7:35 AM: Sweeping/Stop kids from fighting
7:35 AM: Trying to get the kids to get going on their responsibilities/chores
7:40 AM: Clean out the bags I had on the counter from my activity with my Activity Day girls; Will cleans up toys in the front room, Spencer keeps eating breakfast (it takes him ALL morning people, ALL morning, lol), Jack plays on floor, Kate starts on her responsibilities.
**Funny side note. I had a glue gun I pulled out of the bag I was cleaning out and Spencer asked what it was. I told him a glue gun, and he said, "GUN?!?" Yeah, he was so excited. I had to explain what it did.
7:45 AM: I had 3 left over projects from the Activity Days stuff, and decided to finish them up and give them to some neighbors. LOVED this one! I will be doing it over and over again!
7:45 AM: Hannah wakes up.
7:50 AM: Clean up a little bit more (like put scissors out of kids reach, lol).
7:52 AM: Stop Kate from playing in the sink and insist that she actually clean the bathroom, and not get everything wet. Go dress Hannah. Hannah had a mess of a diaper to clean up too. :) Text a friend to see if her son can play that afternoon with Will.
7:55 AM: Switch laundry to dryer.
7:56 AM: Asked kids to find the wipes (I honestly don't remember why, I was writing in short hand, lol)
7:57 AM: I talk to Kate about if she finished the bathroom, and did what she was supposed to to clean it. Clean up Legos that are now all over the place. Notice cement people arrive.
8:07 AM: Finally get around to dressing Jack and get Spencer a shirt down.
8:10 AM: Put the books that are scattered all around the bookshelf away (it's kept in our room since the little kids just rip them).
8:12 AM: Put Hannah down so I can get some things done.
8:14 AM: Spencer was insistant about wearing khaki pants, and those were in the car, so I got those for him.
8:15 AM: Help him put his pants on (THIS drives me CRAZY people. Seriously. Spencer uses the toilet all by himself, all day long, He can put his pants on. In the morning though, he will. not. do it!!!!!)
8:16 AM: Get coloring book down and crayons for Kate.
8:17 AM: Add friend to contact list on phone.
8:20 AM: Finally feed my baby that has been screaming since she woke up (maybe not that long, but ya know). Spencer shared his cereal with Jack! Yay, happy moment.
8:40 AM: Start working on my project from Out Best Bites again.
8:46 AM: Finish project (people, these are adorable and fast, but also know that I had things pre-cut, open, and everything ready to go for my girls the night before ... so there was little I had to do).
8:47 AM: Catch up on some paper work stuff for Activity Days.
8:57 AM: Play with Jack. I was listening to him talk and point to things and name them.
**My favorite thing he does. I'll be holding him, and we're in the kitchen. I point to the microwave and ask him to try to say it. He says, "Hi." then waves!! LOL. I LOVE that. :) When I have quiet moments like this with Jack, I am so so so grateful for my little miracle baby. I've learned over the last 18 months more details of things from people that I've met that work in the medical field and I'm always amazed at what my little boy over came and is over coming. Ah ... maybe soon Jack needs an update/post.
8:59 AM: Finish up my Activity Days stuff
9:05 AM: Snacks for the big kids, and put Jack down for a nap.
9:07 AM: Fold and put laundry away (Note, there were 3 hand towels, 2 normal towels, and 3 bath mats ... it was quick).
9:10 AM: Put Hannah down and change a crazy messy diaper (again).
9:14 AM: Start another load of laundry
9:19 AM: Have the kids pick up some toys in the front room.
9:20 AM: Sweep again and wipe down counters
9:25 AM: Load & start dishwasher
9:26 AM: ACTUALLY get the phone number added that I thought I had done earlier, lol.
9:26 AM: Finish cleaning up my craft project.
9:30 AM: Get on the computer, and finish my smoothie from breakfast (remember how that happened at 7:05? Yeah, that is everyday. It gets put in the fridge after 1/3 of it is gone b/c I'm running everywhere).
9:45 AM: Help Kate with something
9:47 AM: Help Will with something
9:50 AM: Trying fix a document for my Activity Days stuff (um, it was the night before, so the next day I usually do random stuff for it b/c I'm thinking about it). I broke up 2 fights during this duration of time.
10:15 AM: Clean up my disaster of a computer desk. Hear Hannah crying
10:17 AM: Hannah quiets, start looking up swimming lessons for Will & Kate.
10:20 AM: Hannah starts crying, go and get her.
10:22 AM: Debating about swim lessons and choices and if I should or shouldn't. Ugh, it was so annoying. The kids were happily playing Princess and Knights.
10:43 AM: Give up on swim lessons for a bit. Put Hannah down for tummy time.
10:44 AM: Write notes to go with my project. Got one of three done.
10:50 AM: Pick up Hannah and give her lots of love b/c she was screaming. She calms and starts cooing. Love that!!!
11:00 AM: Call Dale about cement stuff. He can't answer, so we chat for a second. Until it gets to complicated, then he steps out and calls me.
11:20 AM - 11:40 AM: Yeah ... I was going INSANE, and so this is what I did in these 20 minutes, and pretty much all at the same time, and really, it was kind of all at the same time.
I started feeding the kids lunch (curse you early day), had to change a diaper, pick up the kitchen (I do that when I'm on the phone, I'm ALWAYS cleaning if I'm on the phone), talking to Dale about measurements, and telling the cement guys, and then they tell me something, then I tell Dale and then Dale is frustrated, and wishes he was home, then decides to come home, and so finally we hang up, my friend called me back that I'd called earlier while on my computer/finish breakfast time, and we chat, and then we hung up and I finally fed Hannah.
11:50 AM: Finally decide to sign the kids up for swim, and pay, and make it final.
11:55 AM: Clean up lunch mess
11:57 AM: Change Jack's diaper
12:00 AM: Load everyone into the car to take Will to school.
That's where it ends. I was tried from keeping the time and from life. It go weird and un-normal after that anyways b/c the cement people. Lol.
Congratulations to you if you actually read any of that, lol!!!
5 comments:
That is quite the morning! I know when we write everything down it is like "WOW, I did alot this morning" even if a bunch of them are little thing. But still it makes ya feel at least for me that a stay at home mom does even more than they realize on a daily basis. Sure I got to sit on the computer and watch an episode of the office or something but I still did this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this! And it always makes me feel better. You are one amazing momma!!
I read every word. This list exhausts me. I still ask "How do you do it?" haha Is everyday like this? You seem to get so much accomplished in such little time. I blame it on my pregnancy right now. I keep thinking once baby gets here I will be more productive. We shall see. Either way you still inspire me!
Sounds about right. :)
That was fun. :)
Very fascinating. Thanks for sharing. I also have a request for some Hannah photos. :)
Post a Comment