Thursday, June 03, 2010

Five years ago ...

I got to meet this sweet little baby!! Look at all that dark hair! This is my favorite picture of Willard as a baby. All cuddled up, and only 1 day old. So sweet. :)


I was excited to have this picture for today. This picture tells you pretty much exactly what Will would tell you about himself. He LOVES Star Wars, almost more than anything else.
Will was SO proud of himself for lining all of his guys up, and then asked me to take his picture with them. :)

Things I always want to remember about Will right now:

*He LOVES being a big brother, and he usually does a wonderful job doing so.
*He can make Jack laugh SO hard.
*He likes to randomly tell me he loves me through out the day.
*He can be very polite.
*He loves to talk -- especially about Star Wars. :)
*Will has actually only see the Clone Wars Movie, and Star Wars Episode 4 (I think that's the right one).
*Will is so excited to start kindergarten -- and frequently tells me that he'll be SO sad when he has to go to kindergarten because he'll miss me. :)
*He is FULL of energy and excitement for life. He can also be still and learn very well when needed.

I am so grateful that Will is in our family, and so grateful that he is the oldest. He is wonderful, and our family would be so lacking without him to lighten things up every once in a while!

2 comments:

Deanna said...

I just realized that we both have kids who were born on the 3rd and the 21st. That'll help me remember their birthdays :) I remember meeting Dale for the first time with baby Will in the Manavu chapel when Charles and I first started dating summer 2005. Crazy that that was 5 yrs ago. Happy Bday Will!

Anonymous said...

I have 2 kids with bdays on a 3rd and one on the 18th, I think I get a prize right?

Ms. Roper says "I hope you had a totally awesome birthday Will. I'm sure you need a size 13 shoe now and you probably are old enough to do all of mom's chores for her. I can't wait to hear all about your big day! See you next week!"