Thursday, June 10, 2010

All Clear

We took Jack to Primary Children's today for his last follow up with Dr. B. We weren't worried, but it is nice to get a final "all clear" from the doctor that performed the brain surgery. :) Welp, he did just that. Jack is doing great! He was pleased with his progress, and how he is doing, and basically said that we don't ever have to come back. We are SO excited to hear the news.

Jack still has some specialists he's meeting with, but this is a big milestone.
I just want to express the huge amount of gratitude I have for Dr. B.
When I think of him, I think of being in the PICU at PCMC, and having him tell me that his gut was telling him he needed to do surgery (as opposed to letting J's body absorber the clot by itself). I knew that he was being honest, and doing what he thought was best. I trusted him, and am so glad I did. He saved Jack's life. He helped Jack so that he would have the most normal life possible. I am SO grateful that there are so many amazing specialists, and that they are so close to where we live. I was reminded again, how much WORSE the situation with Jack could be. So many children that had so many problems, and our little boy will probably have no problems from his blood clot. We are so so blessed. Jack is our miracle baby. He is my reminder to slow down, to enjoy the moments -- even if they are hard moments. It's important to remember every moment we can. I am so glad he's in our family, and so glad that he is doing so well. Thanks again Dr. B!!

No comments: