I'm not always great about updating my blog, especially when I "should"
(meaning on the date something happened)
However, I remembered today.
Today my baby turns 4 months old.
Jack is an amazing little person. He just continually amazes me.
A few things I love and want to remember about My Jack:
*It is incredibly easy to make him smile.
*He has the cutest laugh, and will laugh hard if you get him going.
*He's a fighter; in a good way (still).
*He's VERY patient.
*He loves his siblings, I can already tell.
*He is usually okay with just hangin' out watching what's going on.
*He loves to be held and rocked to sleep.
*He hates tummy time. :)
As far as an update medically...
He had his appointment with the Stroke Specialist at the University of Utah hospital in SLC.
She was great, said Jack looked great.
We were surprised by finding out that:
*Jack would see her every 3 months for the first year of his life ... whoa!
*Jack has Torticollis (I'll be honest, we knew he might have this)
*Because of the Torticollis, he will be seeing a pediatric physical therapist - this wasn't overly surprising either, since his pediatrician had mentioned if there were any problems he may have to see one. Luckily the clinic is about 15 minutes from us!
*Also because of the Torticollis, he will be seeing a pediatric opthemologist. Luckily (again), not too far away, about 35 (closer than Primary's, that's always a plus).
*In two weeks Jack is going to be getting a couple different blood tests done. We were told this would happen at this last appointment ... but we have to go to PCMC, and get them all done, on a different day than two days ago.
I feel so blessed that we do live within a resonable time from Primary Children's. I want to reiterate that. I am grateful that it is fairly close. It'd be nice if it was a little closer, but I can't complain with the distance. I know it could be a LOT farther away. We are so blessed to live by such a wonderful children't hospital, wonderful doctors, and all sorts of pediatric specialists.
I feel grateful that Jack is in our family.
I feel so blessed he is healthy, and happy.
I love that when I am having a hard day, and holding my baby,
I am reminded of my miracle.
I'm reminded that others stay in that hospital MUCH longer than Jack did.
I am reminded that of the blessing it is to be Jacks mother.
Thank you Jack Dennison!! We love having you in our lives!!!!

2 comments:
It is funny how often I think your kids (especially Jack and Will) look like Lisa. I guess she must be related to them or something. Anyway, something about this picture reminds me of her again.
Glad to hear Jack is doing well. You do a tough work, but are so lucky to have all the blessings from those children in your life! Good job.
Gav has torticollis too! We just found out today. Unfortunately our PT is like 35 minutes away! Glad Jack is doing so well!!
Post a Comment