Sunday, January 10, 2010

Celebrate!

Dale and I were able to celebrate our birthdays in a wonderful way! We went to Disneyland AND California Adventure (this was because Disneyland was so busy, they were giving 1 day Hopper Passes for the price of a 1 day ticket. So we got to go to both parks for the price of one, and because we went on Dale's birthday he got in free, so we only paid for one, one day ticket, and got a hopper pass, and we both got in, it was so great, and so lucky for us)! It was crazy! It was awesome! It was perfect!! So, a huge shout out to my in-laws (and Kelly) for watching the kids so we could go enjoy ourselves for an entire day together! Here are some of the exciting things we got to do.

We started our day in California Adventure (our hopper passes for Disneyland were restricted, so we couldn't go there until 3:30 in the afternoon). We were lucky enough to see characters. I was excited to see them, and take pictures for the kids.

Here is Goofy as Santa. He saw me taking the picture, and posed for me! So nice!

Then we found Woody! I was so excited, I'll be honest. But I also knew my kids would have LOVED to be there and see him. So they got a picture of him, lol.

Mr. Potato Head in the line for the Toy Story Ride.


Dale and I with our awesome 3-D glasses on for the Toy Story Ride in California Adventure.

Okay, so it's been like at least 3 years since I've been on any sort of roller coaster. I thought I might die on this one, but it was AMAZING! We event went twice, lol. My voice hurt SO bad after both times. I didn't even realized I screamed so much .... but Dale reassured me that I had. Lol.

This picture shows that it was raining the day we went! You can see how wet we were. Dale didn't bring a jacket, and I had a sweatshirt that I left in the car. When we left Ventura, it had just barely started raining, and everything we'd seen on the news for weather the previous days showed sunny skies .... yeah, we were cold. Not freezing (we are from Utah after all, at home that day is snowed, a lot, so we were able to handle the raining day), but still cold.
This picture is in line for Soaring over California. AMAZING ride. Loved it.

Lighting McQueen and Mater

After Soarin' Over California, we decided that I should get my jacket. We headed back to our car, and decided on the way to leave the park for a bit and go eat lunch at In & Out Burger. We knew there was one close and knew we would probably enjoy it a LOT more than the hamburger and fries we could get in the park for 10 times more than we would pay outside the park. While we were out, we stopped at Target so Dale could get a jacket. Luckily there was a cheap one, that wasn't going to make Dale too hot, it was perfect!

On the tram back to the park.

Finally at Disneyland

We went on Splash Mountain. It was perfect because we didn't have a wait in a line at all for this ride. I mean, it was raining ... but still! It was great!

Tigger and Eoyer

Dale had never been on Indiana Jones, so we waited the longest (in Disneyland at least) for this ride. It was about an hour wait. It was fun though. Here we are in line.

The massive amounts of people in line with us.

A trip to Disneyland wouldn't be complete without seeing this guy, and helpin' him out blasting Zurg.

Here we are intensely helping out Buzz.

Star Tours.

On my birthday we went and watched the sun set. It got cloudy right as we got up there, but it was still beautiful. Here are a couple pictures.

Will took this for us (he came along). So it's not a great picture, but it'll do. :)

4 comments:

Jenny said...

So now that you have been to both, which one would you do if you had to choose one.

The Hagen's said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I am pretty jealous!

Kaytie Brown said...

Looks like a blast!!! Your little ones are SO cute!!!

Sarah said...

Fun you guys.... I love that you took so many photos. I bet we would have forgot the camera.