I feel like Jack's experience taught me many lessons. One thing is, that I need to chill out. :) I need to not be so worried about blogging, checking my e-mail, answering my phone, the dishes, the laundry, the floors, the toys that are all over my house, the blankets the pillows, the beds, etc. I need to worry about making sure my kids are happy, that they are smiling, laughing, playing together, enjoying life, learning of Christ, and that we are trying to teach what is right. A quote that I LOVE and can't remember when I heard it says, always remember that people are more important than things. I try to remember that when I worry about things that don't need to be so worried about at that moment. I need to "let them be little" while they are. Someday our relationship will be different, and I need to enjoy the time that my kids still want to cuddle up with me. I also need to remember that at some point, I am going to miss this. :)
For Christmas this year, my brother and sister-in-law gave me a letter that touched me so much. My sister-in-law was able to go to The Festival of Trees and in honor of Jack, she bought something. I am so grateful for that because ALL of the proceeds from Festival of Trees goes to Primary Children's where Jack had his surgery. She gave me this adorable reminder:
This will always sit on my kitchen counter as a reminder of what I need to do each day. This is exactly how I have felt since taking Jack to the ER almost 6 weeks ago. I am trying to do this. I feel like I am starting to figure it out a little bit more each day. I want to treasure the moments in our lives, but I also want to make sure the house doesn't become a disaster in the process, lol (I honestly get stressed if my house is too messy, so I have to keep it up).
Here are a few moments that we have treasured in the last couple of days.
Me and Jack
The kids working together on a puzzle
The little mom in our house
We recently got a new dishwasher (it only took 4 weeks for our management company to replace it don't worry) and all 3 boys just sat and watched it get put in, it was funny.
Cute baby
Another of cute Jack sleeping.
We turned out Christmas music and were dancing to it. When a slow song comes on, Will loves to slow dance with Kate. It's kind of cute. They had just finished when I took this, and I guess I didn't get another others, but it's still cute.
Spencer LOVES Jack so much. It's cute to see them together.
3 comments:
Amen. SUCH a good reminder. My house might be trashed, but my kids know I love them! I need to remember that more often!
It looks like you have a lot of moments to treasure! You are wise to take the time to do so!
Glad your little Jack is okay. My brother had a bloodclot when he was born - very scary time, but now 19 years later, he's healthy and well. Hope you're doing fabulously well. Hope you know how great you are!
Post a Comment