Thursday, July 02, 2009

Day 2, "Murri Beach"

The original plan for our second day in California, was to meet up with a friend of mine, then in the afternoon after nap time, to head over to a beach park. We met up with Carly, which was so fun. However, Willard decided that he didn't really want to be good and listen to anything I said, so that made my life super exciting (please insert sarcasm into that statement). Besides that it was great. Here are a few of our pictures.

This is pretty much how Will spend his entire time. We met Carly and her kids in a tiny little place that didn't have much. We found this fountian for the kids to play in, so yeah. Carly's girls just played nicely, while Will was obviously trying to grab the money out, and got drenched. Kate put her feet in and looks all cute, but in reality, she threw both shoes in and a sock before I figured out what she was doing, and had to grab those out before they were totally soaked. More than once Kate tried to get all the way in. Oh, and Will totally put his feet in also -- except he didn't take his shoes off first. Like I said, my kids weren't super great at listening on our little play date.


Looking so cute.



We got home for Spencer to take a nap, and come to find out, apparently all three of my kids were totally exausted. Because of some things that had happened Will and Kate both had to have some resting time. No toys, no movies, they just had to find a couch and lay down and chill. I figured this would never happen. I was at the house alone, since Dale and his mom went out to lunch while we were gone and hadn't gotten back yet. Well, after about 10 or so minutes of fighting it, Will went and sat in a rocking recliner and became really quiet, and soon realized that he had fallen asleep. Will doesn't ever take naps, so this is a mirical. Kate wanted me to sit by her, so I turned on the tv to something I wanted to watch, and after 5 or so minutes she was out also. All three kids asleep at the same time, amazing! Seriously.

Well, the kids didn't wake up until almost 4:30, a little late to get going to the beach, and whatever. So, we decided to make our own beach. Grandma and Grandpa had gotten a kiddie pool, so we filled that put and the kids LOVED it. It was great.

It took Spencer a minute to think it might be okay to play. I LOVE this hat on him, and he totally will wear for so long without trying to take it off. Love it.


Look how happy they are! That's what a good nap does!


Will lounging around in the pool having a great time.


Kate loving it!


Love this picture of Spencer. I love that I caught the water splashing.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I love all the close-ups of the kids. And the one of Kate with her feet in the water. Cute pictures!

Brandi Lyn said...

So cute!! Love those pictures!