Welcome to our Blog! Take a look around and check things out! Thanks for keeping up with our family!
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Apartment Hunting
I've decided that looking for new apartments to live is on of the most tedious things ever!! There are a million different options, in a way, and no options in another way. I know we'll find something, but it's just a matter of finding a decent place that doesn't feel like it's about to fall apart on us or anything like that. Not to mention being able to afford something. After talking to one of Dale's friends this past weekend while in Logan, Provo is out of control expensive to live in!! They pay half the amount that we are hoping to pay at the very LEAST, for the same space or more. It's crazy. My ideal would be to find something sooner than later (of course) and be able to be moved in somewhere before this baby comes! I just totally feel like it'd be so much easier to just get things settled for the other two kids, and the rest of the house put together and then have a new baby to join the fun. Rather in the opposite way around. I know I could totally have people help me put everything away in my house, but it's kind of hard to do that when you want things in certain places and everything. I don't know. Ugh! Hopefully something marvelous will come up that we'll love and be excited to spend the next 18 - 24 months. We'll make sure we tell you all about it when we finally find it. :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Good luck!!!
Yeah, Provo is pretty out of control. Have you looked into Springville or Mapleton? I loved Springville when I was there. It makes it a little bit of a drive to get to school or work in Provo, but it's a really nice town, rent is a little more reasonable, and housing is a little more available, especially around this time of year when students are graduating and moving out. If you're interested, I can put you in touch with my former landlord and lady. They have several properties down there and they're great to rent from. They're also very particular about who they will rent to, so you don't have to worry quite as much about your neighbors.
Provo is out of control expensive, I agree. In fact, most all of Utah county is. That's why we moved all the way out here. Good luck finding something.
I love that Provo is considered "out of control expensive" lol. That just cracks me up because compared to most of the rest of the country it's dirt cheap! lol.
Just wanted to tell you how cute and glowing you look in the pic on Sarah's blog. Congrats to Dale for graduating on Fri. And yes, if you think Provo is expensive- don't ever consider moving to CA! Good luck finding a place!
I know, I know! It's not that bad, it's just more than the surrounding options, that's what I mean. Lol. Especially for renting. Buying a totally different story.
Post a Comment