Friday, November 08, 2013

Thankfulness Day 8



I guess I'll go off from my last post, and do something I wasn't anticipating or planning on.  I am so grateful for Nauvoo.  :)  Oh, how I love that little town.  I have the fondest memories walking the streets as pumpkins lined the streets and were lit up.  I loved trying the little restaurants, and visiting the little shops to see what treasures there were inside. 

I LOVED living across the street from the temple where I was so often reminded of the love that my Savior has for me. 

I love that I got to meet Dale there and share so much of our experience together. 




I love that my testimony of the early saints of our church grew and that I was able to find a true love and appreciate for all of them, but especially for Joseph Smith and the early apostles. 

There is such a special spirit and felling in that town, and it's surrounding, and even in the temple.  Oh how I miss that temple.  The smell of that temple is amazing (it has a amazing amount of wood work, and smell of beautiful wood).  The connection that is felt to those that once built a temple similar and lost it is SO prevalent when you're there.  It's incredible. 


I must stop though.  I get "home sick" for Nauvoo if I linger on it too long.  I'm forever grateful for that opportunity.  It was fabulous.


I'll leave you with some pictures of sunrises and sunsets.  ALWAYS amazing.  Oh I have so many of these. 

Sunrise the last week I was there.  My roommate and I woke up early to go watch.  It was incredible.



Sunsets on the Mississippi are amazing every night.  Loved them.




No comments: