Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Hannah Banana

Oh man!  My little Hannah Elizabeth gives me a run for my money!  I tell you what.  She is SO sassy ... SO SASSY!  She is stinkin' cute.  People often comment on how adorable she is.  I know!  She is isn't she?  Yeah ... she HAS to be people. 
She. Has. To. Be!
She moves every object she possibly can to get something out of reach.  She figures out how to do what she wants.  She's determined.  Which is GREAT -- most of the time.  :)  We sure did celebrate this girl.  She has a HUGE love to Minnie Mouse.  I couldn't resist inviting a couple little friends over for a little birthday play date.  It was oh so much fun.  For party details, check out my other blog in the next day or two.  :)  I love planning a party, big or small.

Friday was Hannah's 2nd birthday.  Don't worry everyone!  She didn't wait to act 2 for her big day.  She was well rehearsed in that by the time it arrived.  

Happy Birthday sweet girl!
 First thing Friday morning Hannah got to open presents.  She was SO excited!  She got a little Minnie Mouse camera from her siblings, and a Minnie Mouse dress up set from Dale and I. She also got Minnie Mouse pancakes for breakfast (thanks to her dad)!  She was SO excited about them.





Let's talk about this sweet little picture.  Notice she's holding something?  Yeah, it's a mini cupcake.  Now, behind her, do you see that little pink stool?  While I was very diligently checking Facebook (or something equally important ... okay I was really making stuff for her party on my Silhouette ... while checking FB I'm sure) she went into the bathroom (b/c she opens doors), got the stool, took it to the counter where the mini cupcakes for her party that afternoon were, and reached, and reached, and reached ... and very happily came walking towards me with a mouth full of cupcake saying, "My Birthday!!  My Birthday!!"  See!!!  She's stinkin' cute for a reason people!!  She won ... she got the cupcake, ate it, and wasn't in trouble.

We spend the morning getting things all ready for her little friends to come over after nap time.  It was so fun.  I wish I could host parties more often, lol.  I love them.
Each little girl got a Minnie Mouse Ear Headband, and a Minnie cup with a few little trinkets in them.  We had mini cupcakes and we made Candy Necklaces (from a kit I found) and colored pictures of Minnie Mouse.


Hannah and her friend sporting their ears.

Oh my goodness!  One of my favorite pictures of the day.  

Girls diligently eating candy, while mom diligently strings necklaces.

Giant heart candy?  Must eat it first.  :)

Delicious cupcakes!

Almost gone (remember, it's a mini one, lol).

More?

Almost gone!  So yummy.

Dainty Princess cupcake eater.  I love the contrast to the other two girls.  
 I told our cute friends that they did NOT have to bring a gift.  However, both showed up with ones, and Hannah was in heaven getting to open presents again!  Thanks friends!!
She loved ripping the paper.

An adorable Minnie Mouse place mat that she TOTALLY loves!
 
Trying to pull the paper out.

Minnie crayons and a coloring book!  Yay!
Hannah LOVES Costco.  Weird right?  It is.  But she loves it.  I decided on her birthday we HAD to have dinner there. She was SO excited.  She loved every minute of it.  Silly girl.
Eating her candy necklace after a dinner at her favorite place ever ... Costco.
Hannah wanted a picture with the pole.

The red pole everyone decided they should pose with.
 The day after Hannah's birthday, we had a family party.  It was fun to hang out and see family we usually don't get to see.  I love how these pictures turned out.  So so fun!

I made Minnie Ears for Hannah's little party, and Kate wanted some, but instead, I did this little crochet Minnie Mouse headband (which you can't see great in this picture).  I LOVE this picture of her though.  She looks so grown up.

For Kate's Minnie party last year I made Cupcake Minnie Mouses and this year I was going to do the same.  However, I didn't have enough frosting to go around to stick the "ears" in ... so I decided to make them into ice cream cups!  I LOVE how it turned out and feel like this is totally Pintrest worthy, and I'm so excited to put it there once I get it on my other blog, lol.  :)


The set up.

Minnie Ice Cream Cups

Cupcakes.

Happy Birthday little girl!

She started to blow, but we had her stop so we could finish singing.

Waiting, waiting, waiting.
What is this singing business?
Finally, to blow them out.
Success! 

Delicious!
 The anticipation of presents from this girl was almost tangible   She was SO excited to get to open gifts AGAIN!  She loves it.

LOOK Mom!!!

 Hannah got this adorable little Minnie Mouse from her cousins (and Aunt and Uncle).  She just hugged it for a while, and was just SO happy.  Then she checked it out again.  Then she never let go of it.  :)


Next up was an adorable and awesome puzzle my dad MADE for her!  Check it out!  Thanks Dad! Hannah was so excited it was HER in the puzzle!







 Next up, Hannah got a bathrobe from Grandma and Grandpa Murri!  She was so so excited about it!  The 3 older kids have one, and I think Hannah feels so included now!


Gramma Peggy and Grandpa Derrick also got Hannah a Minnie Mouse costume!  She was SO excited about it!  She wore it all over the house yesterday.  


Hannah's birthday treasures were in this new Cinderella bag.

No comments: