Saturday, November 03, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Happy (late) Halloween!!  I've uploaded these pictures FOUR times (to this blog post), only to forget and have the computer get turned off/logged off/whatever, and lose the pictures.  Sigh.  So here we are a little late, but here.

This year I attempted to make the kids Halloween hats, and they turned out pretty great.  I got the Captain America and Minnie Mouse hats from Snappy Tots.  She has AMAZING patterns!  Check out her site if you crochet.  The Abby Cadabby hat was a pattern I found on Craftsy by Treasured Forever.

I made up the Pony, Elmo and Darth Maul patters.  The Pony patter is available in my Etsy shop, or my Ravelry shop, and the Elmo one was just a basic beanie with tutorials I found online and tweaked for the eyes/nose.

The kids Halloween costume hats.

I feel like this pictures sums up my life right now.  Some smiling, some not, some mad and trying to smile, and one just screaming ... that's day to day life here.  :)
Happy Halloween 2012!
 Festivities continued with me helping at Will's class party (no pictures though), which was great.  I left 10 minutes early to make sure I didn't miss the Kindergarten parade.
Kate talking to Jack as she walked by for the parade.

We rushed from the parade to Spencer's special little Halloween performance.  It was so adorable.
Spencer's preschool class.
 Then we went home, grabbed some lunch, and then we were off to the school again for Will's Halloween parade.
HI Family!
 The afternoon of Halloween we picked our pumpkins from the garden.  We just used some vinyl to decorate them.  Lol.  It's been a crazy few weeks and we were not up for carving them (Dale and I weren't, the kids of course would have been, lol).
Hannah with our pumpkins.

Picking her pumpkin.
 We had a great day.  It was busy, and crazy, but super fun.  I'm so grateful for all my kidos and grateful they're mine.



2 comments:

Greg and Nancy said...

Looks like a busy day! You did such a great job with their costumes. :)

Lisa D. said...

They all look so great! You did an awesome job!