Thursday, November 03, 2011

General Conference

We love General Conference here at our house.

In preparation for it, we watch this video MANY, MANY times.  :)
My kids still sing it sometimes.  It's great.

Then I put together this little activity for conference as well.
The thing I LOVED about it, is that you can put whatever you want in the bags.
It doesn't have to be candy at all.  You can do whatever!  Great!  Loved it.

We had candy in a few, and play dough, markers, conference coloring pages, puzzles .... etc.
It's easy to make it work for your own family.
Kate LOVES to color and could color forever that entire huge packet that always comes out for kids at conference time.  But Will and Spencer have little patience for coloring for extended periods of time.  They like other projects way more.




Here is out little layout.
So in the blank spot that is by the conference center picture, 
when we heard from one of the 12 Apostles, we found the activity, and then took that picture and hung it on the wall in the order they go.
The other picture is the 70, so when one of the 70 spoke, we found and circled them.
My mom is in the Tabernacle Choir, so that picture of the conference center represents the choir, and then below it says, "How Many Times Did the Choir Sing?"  Then the other half of the paper said, "I SEE GRANDMA!"  :)  It was fun.  The kids enjoyed.



Dale and I left after the Sunday Morning Session and Dale's parents stayed with the kids.
Dale had a work conference and I got to go and tag along and just hang out in LA!  It was WONDERFUL!  
HUGE, HUGE, HUGE shout out to my wonderful In-laws for watching the kids for 5 days while we were gone!  It was a much needed break, and we really appreciate them letting it happen.  :)

3 comments:

Karen said...

How fun for you to get away! I love the conference song. I'm going to have to play that around here. The bags are such a cute idea. So, do they get that bag when that apostle stands up to speak? Sorry, I didn't read the link on Sugardoodle.

Two Restless Retirees said...

I had actually never heard the Conference Song. That is pretty awesome.

Lori said...

This looks awesome! I can't wait to try it with my kids!