Fast Forward to today and my friends are getting super famous! Their awesome book is doing WONDERFULLY! They have been the #1 seller at Deseret Book, and are getting up there in the cookbook rankings as well (this is where I should be a good friend look for the link and the actual name of that, but I'm lazy and have my baby on my lap). I LOVE their book. I'm not even kidding. It's my new staple. I love their website, and so their book just great because it's their website, but new recipes too.
Kate and Sara recently came to Utah to do a book launch. I keep trying to get together with them when they come out here but they have just been crazy busy with their book and all the cute pictures they have to take for various magazines they're in and shows, etc. Anyways, I entered a giveaway on their site to win a chance to see them at Orsen Gygi while they did a cooking demonstration/Book launch. They picked 30 people and I didn't win! I was pretty dang sad. Then I entered Deseret Book's giveaway for the same thing. Guess what?!? I WON!!!! Yep, that's right people, I had to WIN a chance to go see my FRIENDS! :) They're famous, it's awesome.
I invited my sister-in-law to come, who also loves OBB. We had such a good time! Jenny (said, SIL) even won a cooking class! Sara totally picked my name for a prize, but they gave everyone the little spatula that I "won" ... lol. It was great. It was so fun to talk to them for a second, and take some pictures. I'm super excited for them, and their book and I think you should all go buy it!!!!
Kara, Jenny, Kate & Sara!
3 comments:
Thanks again, Kara. It was lots of fun! I love their site!!! I already have several neighbors who I hooked on their recipes, but then I came home and made the Rosemary Focaccia for a potluck that night. I had tons of people ask me for the website, and then three of them followed up with me at church on Sunday because they couldn't remember the name of the site, but were still super interested in checking it out. I feel like an OurBestBites missionary!
http://www.ourbestbites.com/2008/11/rosemary-focaccia/
HOW FUN that you were able to spend time ladies you love!
That's so fun! I love OBB, too!
Post a Comment