Saturday, March 12, 2011

For Betty :)

This post is mostly for my wonderful mother-in-law who is serving an LDS mission in Ventura, California.  We are super excited that her and my father-in-law will be coming home this summer!!  YAY!  We miss you guys!

Anyways, these are some pictures she recently requested, and I'm finally getting around to posting them, once I finally got around to taking them (last week, lol).

In mid-December the Provo Utah Tabernacle burned.  It was so sad.  It still hurts my heart a little to drive by it.  I don't do that often because I don't need to, but when I do, it's so sad.  Her are a few pictures I took last week.  HOWEVER, click on the above link, scroll down some, and on the right side of the article are SEVERAL pictures people took that day.  Amazing.

Also, before I share my pictures, please check these pictures out that the Church News posted.  A little Christmas Miracle to go with the sadness that surrounded our community.  Dale and I went to that building for Stake Conference for several years.  Dale graduated in that building.  It's strange to look at what the front doors are now, and remember what we've done right in that spot, or this spot, and that it's gone.

This is the north side.  I took this from Center Street.

This is the stuff they are pulling out.  They are putting GPS on things before they remove them from the building, and putting them on this giant tarp (something similar).  That way when they go to figure out exactly how it happened, they know where every piece of debris was. BTW, I read that in an article from KSL a while back.  So I'm assuming they are still doing that.

Another view of the pile of stuff.  Along the fence (it's hard to see) there are piles of bricks that they have taken out and stacked.  

The East side.  This was the main entrance.  
The pile of all the stuff, is just to the right of the tabernacle in this picture.  

1 comment:

Erin said...

Thank you for posting these pictures!! I have been wondering what was going on with the tabernacle. So are they completely tearing it down or are they going to rebuild it with what is still okay. It seems they are being very very careful with everything so I'm curious to know what they are planning on doing with it.