Thursday, February 03, 2011

Right Now

Miss Hannah.  Picture taken by Katharine.  


Right now Dale is gone.  He's out playing church ball.  :)  
I'm glad he goes. 
 He likes it, and it gives him an opportunity to get to know some of the guys in our ward.

Right now all 5 of my babies are sleeping.  
My 3 boys are all in their different silly sleeping positions (they really do sleep in crazy ways).  
Kate is as peaceful looking as ever in her room.  
Miss Hannah is by me, in her little chair sleeping peacefully (at least for a few more minutes).  

Right now I am so grateful.  
I'm grateful for a wonderful husband.  
I'm grateful for my children. 
 I'm grateful for my friends. 
 I'm grateful for my neighbors. 

My life is crazy.  It's hard.  It's busy.  It's crazy (did I mention that??). 
I wish I could hide sometimes.
I wish I could nap other times.  :)
I am grateful for what I have though.

Sometimes I wonder why I have friends that have to struggle with certain trials so often.
Sometimes I wonder why those same trials are things that come so easily for me.

Sometimes I read stories that are heart breaking.
Sometimes those stories don't end well.  
When I read those, I say a prayer of gratitude.
When I read those stories, I wonder why my baby boy's story ended so well.

Some days my trials seem huge.
Then I realize they aren't.  
At least not with all I have to be grateful for.
Not with the help I know I can have if I have the faith I should.

Life is crazy.
That's not going to change any time soon.
I know I'll continue to have hard days.
I'll continue to want a nap.
I'll probably continue to want to hide sometimes.  

However, I know that I'll continue to be grateful;
Especially when I see those 5 smiling faces.
Is that a little crazy to anyone else?!?  
FIVE!  
Holy smokes!  :)
Good thing they're (usually) keepers.  

6 comments:

Erin said...

I liked this post Kara. It is true, everyone has their own trials and what seems so hard for some is so easy for others. I guess that is how God wanted it. If we were all good at the same stuff and bad and the same stuff nothing would get done! And no you are not crazy for having 5 kids! My family is a family of 5 (and I loved it), Johns is 6 (and he loved it) and there are multiple families here in our Texas ward who have 7 or more and sometimes I find myself jealous of those bigger families with all of their siblings to play games and sports with. If anyone can have 5 little kids under the age of 5 it is you and dale!!

Erin said...

Oh and I forgot to say that picture of Hannah is adorable!! She is such a cutie!

Kristen said...

Yes five is crazy sometimes, especially when your fourth grader brings home an assignment that is due the next day and the rest of the class has been working on it for three weeks. But, when everything is said and done: life is good and our children are our greatest treasures!

Kyla said...

Sweet post! You are a very lucky lady! YOur kids are beautiful! I just cant get over Hannah, she is so sweet!

The Rasmussen Family said...

Great post Kara! You sum it up SO WELL!

Sarah said...

I can't believe how beautiful Hannah is. What a doll.