Friday, January 14, 2011

Eviction Notice

I found this picture. It pretty much sums up how I feel right now.


**As a disclaimer to this blog post: I am grateful that I AM pregnant,
and grateful that I have 4 children, and almost 5. I promise. :)**

I've been writing this post in my mind for several days.
I just haven't taken the time to sit and do it.
Here I am this morning, feeling miserably pregnant.
I'm bored ...
I'm sore ... everywhere!
I have braxton hicks ... a LOT
I'm getting impatient ...
I don't love being pregnant.
Like ... at all!
That's horrible isn't it?
You'd think I wouldn't mind it so much, having 5 kids in 5 1/2 years.
It's probably becasue I want to be done being pregnant sooner than later ...
So I can never be pregnant again sooner than later.
I'm grateful that I AM pregnant ... but I hate it.

I'm done trying to entertain 4 small children,
being totally uncomfortable.
Maybe it would be ok if I could get around and actually DO something with them.
I can't though.
I get tired.
I get cramps.
I get sore.
Ever so quickly, that it's kind of ridiculous.

See, the thing is this. I'm on pregnancy #5. I know not to expect my babies to come before 39 weeks (ya know, because by this time, I can be induced when almost dilated to nothing, lol, which I practically am, lol).
I once had a son (who is almost 3 years old now ... aka Spencer), who came ELEVEN days before his due date. ELEVEN!! That's crazy.
He was NINE pounds ELEVEN days early.
That's HUGE!
We're still not convinced the due date was right.
Regardless, that date is always in your mind while pregnant.
It's always there! It's the magical date that everything revolves around.
It came and went with Will and Kate. They were both 2 days late.
Then Spencer came ELEVEN days early.
Then Jack ... he was induced at 39 weeks.
Now my little girl, again, not coming early (I'm secretly hoping though, let's be honest here).
I'm being induced on Tuesday.
TUESDAY!
It's Friday ... that's only 4 days away.
That's insanely close!
I woke up this morning, and cried.
Why?
Because I'm so uncomfortable.
I'm SO bored.
I'm so tired.
Will doesn't have school today.
I have all 4 kids home, and all 4 need entertaining.
Is it bad if they watch TV a lot today? Lol.
I think I pray every morning that I might just go into labor that day. :)
It still hasn't happened.
Know why?
Because there is a time for her to come.
She'll come before she's induced if she's supposed to.
I wish I knew if that'd happen.
I'm ready to hand out an eviction notice ... like a week ago! Ugh!
Too bad it didn't matter. :)
I'll be back on Tuesday, or Wednesday, or maybe Thursday with pictures of my sweet girl.

Unless ... she decides to come today of course. Then it'll be sooner, lol!!!

3 comments:

Karen said...

Good luck with everything, Kara! I admire you for being so willing to have your children close together and enjoying each of them. I'm excited to see your new baby. I hope you feel rested and well in the coming weeks.

Kevin and Wendy said...

Oh Kara, you are wonder woman! I look at my Jared and think there is no way that I could handle having a new baby this week, but you are just the type of woman that can do it and handle it all with style to boot! Loved the pictures of all the kids. So cute! Miss you guys. Good luck - I hope all goes really well this week!

Kristen said...

Hang in there hon, I feel your pain.. it is not fun being 39 weeks pregnant, just try to savor the last couple days of feeling her moving (hard as that may be right now). Now that I am done that is a feeling that I miss: seeing and feeling little arms and legs moving in my belly. I can't wait to see pictures, update the blog as soon as you can (which I know will not be easy when you are snuggling a newborn).