Thursday, November 04, 2010

Jack's big day ...

We had a fun day around here today. I was hoping and planning that this post would get out there a LOT sooner than it did. Life happens though. :)

We got to celebrate Jack's FIRST birthday today!! Hooray for us and him especially. Jack has had quite the year. I'm always amazed how well he takes things in his life though. Here are a few things I love about my little J.

He's become terrified of anyone that wants to touch him, especially if we are in a small confined room with a computer, sink and any sort of "bed". :) I think he has every right to be.

He is such a chill kid.

Jack just kind of sits and lets everyone yell, and scream, and talk, and run around. HOWEVER, when Jack wants to be heard, he will let you hear him. :) The kid can yell, scream, and talk (ok, he jabbers) right along with everyone.

He gets super sad when the big kids take off to play and he knows he can't come. He is known to cry when this happens. It's kind of cute, but maybe only because I know he'll be able to keep up with them soon enough. So I take advantage and cuddle with him.

Jack still loves to cuddle when he's sleepy. I kind of love it, and totally take advantage.

Here is a picture of my sweet birthday boy. :) I can hardly believe he's a year old. He's changed my life, and my perspective on life. I love him. I'm getting sad that he's getting big, and some days I can hardly believe he'll be a big brother in 12 weeks.

Love you Jack Dennison!!!

PS, I'll post pictures of our super fun day tomorrow. :)

3 comments:

Sister Murri said...

I am pretty excited that he is a year old too. Yeh for Jack!!

Sarah said...

He looks so big in the picture. Happy Birthday, Jack! So glad you can be a part of our lives.

Deanna said...

Happy Birthday Jack!