Monday, July 12, 2010

Today ...

I am so grateful.
Today is July 12th.
While I don't usually pay too much attention to the date,
I noticed it was the 12th while rocking my baby.
In 2 days it'll be 8 months since he had his surgery.
EIGHT months!!! Holy cow!

So today I am grateful for my baby boy.
I am grateful that he is alive. That I can rock him.
Grateful that he is recovering SO well.
I am grateful that he is done with PT, seeing his surgeon, and all the extra people.
I am grateful for the many people that helped save his life.
We saw Dr. A the other day when we had to take J in for an ear infection check.
I give Dr. A huge credit for helping save Jack's life.
Dr. A was the one that found Jack's blood clot. He was the one that order the life flight to come.
He remembered us. I think he was happy to see J doing so well.

Today I'm also grateful for 3 other amazing children I have.
I'm grateful for Will's craziness.
Although it's annoying sometimes, it's super creative.
It's kind of amazing to watch him.
Today I got to do swimming lessons with Kate.
It has totally wiped me out for the remainder of the day.
It was SO fun to just get to play, talk, and laugh with her.
I'm grateful that Spencer is running around today with a naked bum.
Yep, I said that right.
I think I'll be 100 times more grateful if he uses his little potty. :)
Know what? He will ... it will come, and I will be SO happy to not change 2 diapered children.

Late, but not least of course is my wonderful husband.
I'm grateful that we've shared so many of the crazy, hard, fun times with me.
I'm grateful that he's understanding.
I'm grateful that he found a great desk, and that he set up the computer for me. :D

I'm also grateful that somehow, I make it through each day.
Sometimes we make it through watching tv most of the day.
Sometimes we make it through playing and laughing and running most of the day.
Either way, we do it. We survive, and it's fun.
I am so grateful for my family! They are wonderful.

6 comments:

Lisa D. said...

I grateful too that Jack is doing so great!! I can't imagine our family without him :)

Two Restless Retirees said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Two Restless Retirees said...

I think YOU are amazing!!

Jenny said...

I envy your hard crazy times. They are the best kind of hard crazy times a person could ask for. I constantly feel the craziness of motherhood fleeting from me before I even become fully submerged in it.

Krystal said...

sometimes it's all a matter of perspective... and we often forget to take time to show gratitude... thank you for this post :)

Sarah said...

I am grateful you are my sil. :)