Thursday, February 18, 2010

HERE IT IS!!

Well, I guess since Dale hasn't ever logged into the blog to tell the exciting news, I GET TO!! :)

On January 22nd Dale started a NEW JOB!

It has been such a huge blessing to our family. He wasn't really looking (very hard at least) for a new job. He is getting his Master's after all. He came upon this job, applied for it and the next day got a call asking for an interview. Well, we were going out of town, so he had an interview right away.

We left for California and then he got another call while we were there to have another interview the Monday after we got back. He went to that, and then was asked in for another interview the next day (I think). Well, by Wednesday or Thursday that week he was offered a full time administrative position at BYU.

We accepted the offer, and I think we've all enjoyed how things have worked out.

Dale is the Systems Engineer for Independent Study at BYU.

Holy moly! It's awesome.

Well, once this became offical, we decided that it was time to get a HOUSE of our VERY own!

We have been looking for a LONG time, mostly in dreaming as we talked to, walked through, and drove through neighborhoods, and where we would live if Dale got a job in Provo.

We already knew what we wanted (to an extent) and where we wanted it (again, to an extent).

After a LOT of praying, talking, discussing, driving, pondering ... we decided!! It was so exciting. We picked a lot, and away things went!

And here it is .... OUR DIRT!! :) It's amazing huh? Lol.

The bright yellow/green sign is the boarder between us and the neighbors (it's Center Street, in case you're curious). The big huge tree ... it's the neighbors behind us, but it'll be gone sooner than later.

We are building in SPANISH FORK, and we are super excited. The church is right there in the picture, so close, and they announced a NEW TEMPLE in Payson which will be about 10 minutes from us, and will be "our" temple.

All right, here are the stats on the house. Three days after we signed they changed the price (up) and the floor plan of the model we got, so we don't have any floor plan to show. So ... you'll just have to come visit us when it's done.

It'll have a basement.
It's about 2500 sq ft finished (about 3600 sq ft in all).
Lot size is about 0.29
5 Finished bedrooms (2 more in the unfinished basement)
2 1/2 bathrooms

We are so excited for this new event in our lives. I think Dale and I would both agree that we will be very sad to leave the friends we have made here, and the ward we attend. I also think we are both excited to be more settled, have a place of our own, and live in a neighborhood that is probably won't have much turn over. It'll be really nice.

3 comments:

Lori said...

How exciting! Congratulations!!

Tayla said...

Hey, you are going to be living close to me! I bet it isn't very far from my house. Now we really won't have an excuse. We have to get together now! :) That is exciting! Congratulations!

Karen said...

WOW!!! Congratulations! That's so exciting. When does Dale finish his masters? I am thinking it is sometime this year. I hope that move goes smoothly. I'm really excited for you guys!