Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Yearning to create

The last couple days I've realized something about myself. I think I always have known, but it's like my head was able to finally put it into words.
I LOVE to create things. I have this huge desire to be good at crafting and things like that, so I can make my home adorable. One of those homes when you walk in you just love it b/c it's just has super cute things, but not clutter. I HATE clutter more than anything (seriously, as my parents or my husband, they all know this). I try to get rid of stuff we don't use all the time ... it doesn't always work though. :) I must admit, I LOVE that there are so many blogs out there that can help me learn to create things for my home, and for my family.
A friend of mine posted this picture on her blog this morning, wondering if anyone thought she could do it:

She posted THIS link to go along with it. I LOVE THIS WEBSITE!!! Laurie, if you read my blog, THANK YOU! It's my hope and dream to have all this nice furniture in my home, and this site provides a way to MAKE it for way cheaper. I am SO excited about this. I am yet to talk to Dale about all this, but I've pretty much decided I want to make this bed, and I will. I'll some how make a dresser that matches and 2 side tables. :) It is going to happen.
I'm also excited about end tables, and coffee tables, and twin size beds -- including bunk beds, and trundle beds she has on there! AMAZING! Check THESE out! So fun! Seriously people, it's like my little heart is exploding b/c I want to make all this stuff so badly! I LOVE creating things, and making things. I love the farm bed 9pictured above. I would LOVE this bed too though ... I totally will do this, and I will post pictures (okay, let's hope I do it, lol).

2 comments:

Katy said...

Oh my gosh, I love that bed! I am going to ask Jeremiah to build one for me. It is perfect!

What a great site! Thanks for sharing it.

Jenny said...

Thanks for sharing this site. I have been obsessing over it all week - even dreaming about it multiple times. Andy has been dying to make bunk beds for the boys forever and is so excited that the plans here are for the style he wanted to make! I don't know if he'll be able to do it during the semester, but if nothing else, I am hoping to have beds for the boys by Christmas - with new quilts, of course!