Tuesday, January 05, 2010

2009

I know that it's 2010, first of all. :) Second of all, I am hoping to get my blog all caught up with Christmas, New Years, and our California trip soon, as in this week. Third, today I want to make a list of things that happened to me in the last decade! It's still weird to me that I can say things like "10 years ago ...." and totally remember. I was in high school 10 years ago. I can remember things that happened 20 years ago, and I remember them fairly well. That's SO weird me to, lol. Kind of makes me feel old. Although, I know I'm not that old, just for the record.

Anyways, here are some things that happened to ME in the last decade.

2000 -- Honestly nothing really awesome happened. I celebrated the New Year in Oklahoma with a few friends (this is really weird to me now, lol, and to you if you know what this was all about), and started my Senior Year of high school.

2001 -- Graduated high school. :) It was a good time. I also started my freshman year of college at Utah State University -- this was a GREAT year! Great! Love those freshman roommates.

2002 -- I got to attend some of the 2002 Olympic events that were taking place in SLC. I had the BEST summer of my life working as a counselor at a LDS girls camp called Oakcrest. It was the best thing I could have done for myself. Started my Sophomore year at USU.

2003 -- Hated school at USU, and needed a MAJOR change in my life. Only by a literal miracle was I accepted to go to the BYU Semester in Nauvoo. Besides being the most amazing experience, and something that helped me appreciate and love the history of my religion, I met the most amazing man! :D

2004 -- Dale and I were engaged, and married in 2004. I studied Esthetics at Bon Losee (which no longer exists, and that's weird to me) and graduated the same day I found out I was pregnant with our first baby.

2005 -- Found out we were having a boy. Willard was born in June that year.

2006 -- We had a good time watching Will grow up and become a cute little toddler. I think it was 2006 that Dale started his program in IT. We also found out we were expecting our second baby, and that we would be having a girl!

2007 -- Little Miss Kate was born this year in March. :) It was so fun to see the two kids together. Dale's parents left for a mission in Paraguy and would be gone for 23 months (or so we thought). Found out baby #3, another boy would join our family.

2008 -- Found out that Dale's parents wouldn't be finishing their mission in Paraguy and that Dale's dad would be the mission president in Ventura, CA!! WOW! They were home just in time for Kate's 1st birthday (literally the day before), Spencer's birth in May, our cute niece to be born (our first niece on the Murri side), and Will's "golden birthday", and for Dale's college GRADUATION! YAY! It was PERFECT timing. Dale also decided (a little bit last minute) that he wanted to get his Master's Degree. We went to CA to visit that December, and took Willard to Disneyland for the first time.

2009 -- Found out that baby #4 would be born, another boy. Spencer celebrated his first birthday. Dale officially started his graduate program. Jack Dennison joined our family in November. When he was 9 days old we found out that he had a blood clot in his brain, and would need surgery to remove it. After only 8 days at Primary Children's Medical Center, we took our baby boy home from the hospital (again), in wonderful condition. :) Our little miracle was home with us, and a wonderful reminder of the time we need to spend together, as a family. We were also able to go to CA twice this year -- once in the summer, and then just after Christmas, and through the New Year. Dale and I went to Disneyland and California Adventure for his birthday (he got in free). It was SO perfect for us, we need to have a really FUN time with just the two of us. So a huge shout out and thanks to my in-laws (and Kelly, Kelli ... not sure how it's spelled, but thank her for us please!!) for watching ALL four kids for us.

We are excited to see what the next ten years will bring for us and our family. I'm sure there will be a lot of fun time, a lot of hard times, and a lot of wonderful, crazy things that go on. Hopefully the next ten years will bring a "real" job for Dale, graduation from BYU for good, a home for the family that isn't attached to anyone elses, and one that we pay for mortgage for, a few more kids, baptisms, receiving of the Aronic priesthood for some of our boys, and many, many happy moments for us all. :D

No comments: