Yesterday morning Kate woke Dale and I up at 5:30 (isn't she super nice? Lol) and I started having contractions like 2-3 minutes apart. After an hour we decided I should call the doctor and see what they wanted me to do. I was told to head over to labor and delivery. So ... we did. They monitored me for an hour, and in order to admit me before 39 weeks (yesterday I was 38 weeks 5 days) I had to dilate 1 cm in 1 hour. Well, I didn't. So the nurse was like, well, I totally think you're in labor, and that you should go walking and I really, really think you'll be back here tonight. So, Dale and I go walking ... for THREE hours. My contractions at this point are still 2-3 minutes apart, and starting to really hurt. We decide to go back to the hospital. I'm still the same as far as dilation ... mostly at least. Not enough to make a difference. So they have me stay for another hour. I was done. I knew I wouldn't change, I was uncomfortable, and ready to go home. After an hour, the nurse came back, and I'm still the same. So they had to send us home. Pretty much this whole process doesn't seem like a lot of work, or anything, but it all took about 12 hours. From waking up to making it back home. It was a LONG, LONG day. The nurses were SO amazing and so kind, and told me if they could they would totally lie on my charts and say that I had made the progress I needed to (I only had to dilate another 1/2 cm), but if the doctor came in and checked, they'd obviously get in trouble. :) I'm glad they were kind and would have been willing to help if they could. I had two different nurses and both were so sad when I hadn't progressed. That was probably the best part of having to deal with it. It was all just super frustrating. I feel like I've had more of those moments this time than any other times. I'm SUPER done being pregnant, totally uncomfortable, and now I'm completely, and I mean completely exhausted. I have no idea why yesterday took so much out of me, but it did.
I want to also add that I really, really, really appreciate the people that helped out yesterday. That was HUGE to me. Especially since nothing really ended up coming from it. There were a handful of people that helped out, and thank you, VERY much!
Some good news -- hopefully -- is that I am being induced in the morning. Tomorrow I have an appointment at 7:30 AM. I'm so worried though. I'll be honest. There are two other induction appointments ahead of mine, and there is a full moon tonight. In case you're wondering why I care that there is a full moon; it's because labor and delivery gets more full on stormy and full moon nights than any other night. So if the hospital is all full, I don't get to be induced b/c I wasn't in labor. Of course there is the off chance I could go into labor, but really, at this point it would take a LOT to get me to randomly walk back in there saying that I'm in labor -- even if I will be 39 weeks and they probably would keep me. So, we're welcoming any prayers our way that I can get in tomorrow without an issue. But we'll see. Hopefully it's not a long day and goes well and as planned. Here for hoping.
3 comments:
Well, I really hope you're having (have had) a baby by now! Hang in there!
Good grief, that wore me out just to read it! I can't imagine how uncomfortable and frustrating that must have been for you! I'm so sorry. I think it's time to get a coat hanger and break your own water! I hope this is over soon and is your easiest delivery and recovery yet. Lots of prayers and thoughts coming your way.
You will have a baby tomorrow, don't you worry. If they don't get you in at 7:30 they will still get you in. I was supposed to have my third around 11:00 am and they didn't have a bed for me until around 5:30 but I still got to go. I am excited to see pictures.
Post a Comment