Monday, October 19, 2009

My super fun, super crazy day!

Today has been SO cRaZy, and SO fun, that I MUST blog about it. :)
Our day started off going to the local Health Department to get flu shots for everyone in the family. I'm glad it worked out, but we had to wait an hour and a half in a line to get the shot. I was hoping to be able to get both the seasonal and the H1N1 vaccines, BUT, our pediatrician and the health department are out of the seasonal. I've been hearing that if people are getting the flu right now, it's mostly juts the H1N1. I have been debating back and forth about if Dale and I should get any shot, and if the kids should get the H1N1 shot. I finally decided that we needed to take the plunge and do it. I'm not sure I would have if we weren't going to be having a newborn during the entire flu season, but it seemed like it was a better choice to do it rather than not.
After we were all shot up, we dropped Will off (a little late) to preschool, and then hurried home. Unfortunately for us, Dale missed a lot of work b/c of the wait we had for the shots. So, he got his things together, while I made his lunch and he was off to school and then work for the rest of the afternoon.
Dale was gone, Will was gone, and it was just me and the little kids. Well . . . my house was a little crazy. :) Kate was entertained enough to play down in the toy room, and Spencer is always happy to follow who ever is home, lol. So while the kids played I got to clean the house up, lol. It needed to be done, but it took the entire time that Willard was at preschool. Got the little kids in the car, then headed to get Will from preschool (and just for some fun news, Will earned a little toy at school today, and he was SO excited for his prize. He earned his last "dot" by doing super great on his handwriting today. I was SO proud of him.) and then hurried back home where my mom was waiting.

Now, this is where my day got SUPER fun!!!
I got the kids their lunch, hurried and got myself ready, said goodbye to the kids, and left them with grandma! Know what I did? I got my pre-baby Pedicure (this has worked 3 our of 4 times, Spencer came the day it was scheduled, so I had to go after, lol)!!! I was SO thrilled when my mom called a few days ago to tell me to go get one while she watched the kids. I LOVE pedicures, LOVE them. It was wonderful and so relaxing, and I totally just wanted to take a nap, lol. It was great.
I got home and saw my cute little nephew first thing when I walked in, and I was so confused. Then, both my cute sisters-in-law were in my kitchen! There were all these gift bags on the table with some bowls, and candy, and I was so shocked, and confused (in a good way). Know what they did?!? They totally set up a "2-week virtual baby shower" for me!! How nice of them huh?!? I am so excited about this. I had to blog, because Facebook just wouldn't do it, lol. Now, if you're wondering what this entails, I'll sure be more than happy to tell you. :)
1. M-F I get to open 1 present. I draw a number out of a bowl, and get to open that coordinating gift (all gifts came labeled).
2. Roll a die to determine what time I get to open the gift (so it'll be between 1-6 PM).
3. Complete a Facebook Assignment before opening my gift. There were papers in a bowl for me to draw each day, so make sure to watch for my FB questions and I would LOVE you to participate.
I was given some snickers to help my day and other people have happy days (that I get to give out when I'm done). I'm so excited about this.
Last of all, my Sister-in-law made me a bunch of freezer dinners and stuck them in my freezer for me!!! I am os grateful, and it totally made me cry (b/c really, dinner is hard to decide and so hard for me to stand that long to make, lol, so blessed with these two ladies in my life).

Thanks again Jenny and Jennifer!! I really appreciate it and I'm SO excited to open my upcoming shower gifts. :) Also, thanks mom for watching the kids and the pedicure. It was wonderful.

To top things off, we all went to ice cream cones after my "shower" was over, and after some talking, I called the Pediatrician and figured out that Spencer has pink eye. Super great. Took him to the doctor (thanks mom for watching the other two kids) and got the prescription for the meds to help him get better. Then Dale and I took my parents out to Red Robin. The kids loved spending time with grandma and having dinner with grandpa. It was great!

6 comments:

Morgan Hagey said...

WOW! That is just such a great crazy day, just like you said. And the virtual baby shower sounds like a blast. I'm so glad you had a good day!

Carolyn said...

That is awesome! What a fun day! Seriously, coolest "shower" ever. What a great surprise.

Kristen said...

That is such a cute idea for a baby shower! Your sister in laws are very creative.

Justi said...

What a fun idea. You have a great family...have a fun time with your Virtual Baby Shower.

Sarah said...

That does sound a little crazy! What sweet sister-in-laws you have... seriously I know how you feel about dinner. Will she send me her recipes? And I am glad you got your pedicure this time. We all deserve a little me time.

Nikki said...

What amazing sisters-in law and mom you have! That is the best idea ever! virtual baby shower that lasts two weeks?!!! AWESOME!!! I'm going to have to remember that idea.