Today has been a good day. We got to the hospital around 9:30 AM. He had actually just eaten, and had done well. In the night he had eaten all of his feeding orally, except one, and he only ate half so they had to use the feeding tube for that. As for the rest of the day, he's eaten ALL feeding orally, and 3 of his feedings he ate MORE than he needed to, so that is great news! He also got a bath today, which I'm sure was nice for him. Really, it's been a pretty boring day for him, which is good! The only "new" thing is that he has a little fluid build up in the back of his neck, but they aren't worried about it because so far it's not getting bigger. I also found out that it's pretty normal for that to happen after this type of thing. So that was super good to know! :)
Dale, Betty and I left around 10:45 AM to go pick the kids up, and the van, and head down to Provo. Dale and I took off and went to the BYU vs. Air Force game (BYU won, in case you are curious) and then Betty stayed home with the kids (well, they went shopping I guess). We got back from the game, and had dinner, and then packed up our bag for tonight, and said good bye to the kids and headed up to the hospital.
The great news for the day is that Jack is scheduled to leave TOMORROW!! Hooray! We are SO, SO excited about this. Hopefully this evening goes well (I'm not too worried), and we get to be home with all 4 kids tomorrow. It'll be crazy, and scary, but it'll be good. My mother-in-law will be around until Thursday morning, so that will be helpful as we adjust to having Jack back in our house, and with the care that he'll need for now. His stitches should come out sometimes this week, which will be nice (well, except for the one stitch that was just put in yesterday). So, all is well, and we are all super happy.
My cute baby super awake and so much like I remember him looking before all this happened. What hope that brings my heart.
Me and my babe
BYU vs. Air Force game
Us on our "date"
5 comments:
Oh I'm so glad this all almost over! I imagine this has probably been one of the longest weeks of your entire life. He is so precious and strong, and so are you and your whole family!
So glad you guys got out on a little date! You definitely needed and deserved that break! And hooray for Jack--I hope he will be home soon!
I'm glad you got a little break, I hope everything else goes well.
(Sorry about the double post! I am having issues!) lol!
Yay! Sounds like things are going fantastic! We have been praying lots for you guys!
Post a Comment