Friday morning I said goodbye to my cute kids and made sure they knew that I’d be going back to take care of Jack and see how he had done while I was gone. It was great to spend time with them and make sure they knew that they were loved. J
The exciting thing that was happening for our family was that Dale’s mom was able to come visit us from California for one week! It was such exciting news!! Well, I was on my way into the hospital, and low and behold, I see Betty (and her niece Julie, who we so much appreciate for driving Betty to the hospital) and Julie driving into the parking lot, which was a huge thing because my phone had just died and I wasn’t able to call her and tell her where our room was, or that I could meet her somewhere or whatever. So, we were able to walk up to the room together, and Betty was able to meet Jack for the first time. It was pretty exciting.
Once we were up there, I talked to the nurse about how things went through the night and how’d they’d been that morning. During the night he did good, which was great to hear. Then that morning the Neurosurgeon team had come in and said that they were taking the drain out TODAY! Holy cow! I was shocked. I knew that it could come out, but they had talked about clamping the drain for a day then taking it out. But apparently he did well enough on the highest setting that they decided to just take it out. It was super exciting news.
They also unhooked him from the feeding tube. It’s still IN, but it’s not always hooked up. They wanted him to first always get a bottle, and then the tube to supplement for what he couldn’t or wasn’t eating from a bottle. That was great too. Then, I looked at my baby a little bit, and guess what??? He had SOCKS on. Oh my heck! I wish you all knew how happy this was for me. Really, I almost cried. He’s always had some IV or something in him that has made it so he’s just been naked (with a diaper) since last Friday night. It was so so fun to see those little blue socks on him. Dale was pretty excited when he saw that too.
They also stopped the IV Fluids that they were giving him. The Doctor felt like that he was doing well enough with his feedings and he is still getting a sodium supplement so they decided that it could just be turned off, and they’d just see if the breastmilk was enough and the sodium supplement. So, that was another thing disconnected.
It was around 3:00 PM that the neurosurgeon team came in and took the drain out. They just did it bedside, which was nice for Jack. Betty and I decided to take a walk so we wouldn’t have to watch or hear Jack. We did start to come back a little early and I heard him screaming, and turned myself right back around. It was kind of horrible. We waited a little bit more and came back, and he was settled down. They did give him some morphine (with my permission) because, really, that would HURT! He had to get another stitch in his head, and I can’t imagine that’d feel all right with just numbing cream. He did well though, and I think we’re all glad it’s gone! J
The last and super exciting thing that happened was that they told us that they are planning to release Jack on SUNDAY! YAY! That is so exciting. He’ll be coming home with the feeding tube, so we’ll have to get educated about that, but that’s all that’s coming home with us, which is nice. I am still trying to figure out how much longer they want the stitches in. They said they stay in 7-10 days, so 7 days is Saturday, and 10 days is Tuesday. They said that if it’s not done at PCMC it’ll be done at the pediatrician’s office in Provo. So, that is good to know. I think that’s pretty much today!
Meeting Grandma Murri
Drinking a bottle. He's become so good at this!
The drain and jazz. I figured I should take a picture before it's out.
This is the drain gage thing.
Little socks!! So cute.
Grandparent love.
No comments:
Post a Comment