Thursday, November 19, 2009

Bitter sweet

Thursday November 19th

Well, today is a little bitter sweet to me. Today marks Jack officially being in a hospital longer than he was ever with us at home. I'm glad he's here getting the care that he needs though. That is a huge, huge blessing.

Before Dale and I left the hospital in the morning, things were going well for Jack. They have been putting the drain on different pressures (or something like that) so wean him off of it essentially. Well, yesterday he was moved up to the last spot the neurosurgeons wanted him at. When we were leaving, he hadn't drained hardly anything so things were really well. His sodium levels were a little bit high but okay. His feeding tube was turned off, so he could try to have a bottle and see how that might go. We left around 11, and things were really good.
I called in around 2:30 or 3:00 to see how the feeding had gone and how his drainage had been. Both were good. He had taken 2 oz of the bottle easily and no real fluid coming, so those were positive. A little later I called again because I wondered how his sodium was, and it was a little low, but okay. He didn't take another 2 oz like they were hoping, he took 1 oz, and had gotten pretty fussy, so he was back on the feeding tube, and also gotten a little bit of morphine. So he was probably in a little bit of pain to an extent.

When Dale and I left the hospital we decided to go to lunch before dropping me off with the kids. We drove past In and Out Burger (which was opening that very day) and decided the line that wrapped around the entire building just wasn't worth it, so we went to Wendy's. :) It was nice to just be together and not have to worry too much about anything, but eating, lol. Dale dropped me off where the kids were, said hi and good bye and was off to go to study. I was able to spend the day (and night) with the kids. They mostly just played, and I kind of took it easy, and talked with my sister-in-law. It was good to be away from the hospital. We had fun, and I made sure to take a LOT of pictures to show it! :) So please enjoy the cuteness of all four of my kids!!

Cute baby Jack!

This is really more for Willard than anyone else, but it is pretty fun!

Dale and Spiderman!

Willard the knight

Cousins

They really wanted a "fighting" picture.

Kate loving the swings.

Kate and Sophia playing

I LOVED this so much. He had woken up from his nap a little earlier than usual, so I picked him up and sat with him, and he totally just clung to me. Oh, it was so sweet. I LOVE this little boy. He's so adorable.

Spencer loves to play swords and lightsabers and whatever. It's cute.

He's eating the sword, but whatever, he's still cute.

Kate playing with Sophie's doll house and dolls.

Super Willard
These kids love to play together!

The kids all in their jammies and then headed downstairs to watch Peter Pan.


Love these kids.

These kids are so fun! Thanks for letting me play!

1 comment:

The Shupes said...

I am so sorry for what you are going through. Having my baby in the hospital was the hardest thing and the longest 10 days of my life!! It is so draining, but you have the best attitude and lots of people who love and pray for you. That helps so much. I am so glad he is doing good and hope he gets to come home soon. I remember taking Claire, she was the one in the hospital home and it was the best day. I felt so good as I carried her to the car and it was just so nice to feel like a complete family again. You will love it. I just cried for you as I read all your posts. I am so sorry.