Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Our Trip

We had the awesome opportunity to drive to California and visit Dale's parents. We had a lot of fun. The drive there was long. We left around 6 PM and got there at 5 AM. Kate had a REALLY hard time sleeping in the car. But overall, everyone did pretty good.
The day we got there we were able to see the house and have a good time visiting with Wayne and Betty. It was nice to see them, and espeically watch the kids as they got to see their grandparents and get to know them better. The first night there Dale and I left with Will and headed off to Disneyland! What an adventure. More to come on that tomorrow (or Thursday). We all had a great time though. Kate and Spencer were able to have time with Grandma and Grandpa and the opportunity to get to know them better. We are SO grateful for Dale's parents help in taking care of the two kids! THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!
Once we got back from Disneyland, we were able to all spend a little more time together. We got to know the area a little more, and go places that we don't have in Utah, or places that are move fancy there than they are here. It was kind of interesting. :) We had fun looking and shopping and talking, and playing, and watching movies and tv. It was great and fun. We ended up leaving a day early due to predicted snow storms that were supposed to hit during our night drive. We're glad we left when we did. We totally missed the storm, but totally would have hit it head on had we left when planned!
We made it home safely and again, the kids did pretty good, considering we were driving all night long. We are so grateful that we took our trip, and were able to see Grandma and Grandpa! Thanks for having us!! Hopefully we'll see you in a few months!!

Grandpa and Spencer. FYI Spencer's shirt says, "My Grandpa Rocks!" :)


This is proof that once there is more than one child, it will be extremly hard and next to impossible to get all of the children to be happy at the same time.


A beautiful sunset picture -- it was taken through the windshield ... but it turned out all right.

3 comments:

Chris Jewell said...

Welcome back! Glad you had a good trip. I'm also glad you made it back before the storm. It took me almost an hour to drive the six miles to work this morning. I can't imagine what it would have been like to try to make it halfway across the country in that.

Erin said...

Hey Kara,
I'm glad you guys had fun. I wondered if you guys got caught in this storm we just had. I'm glad you guys checked the weather and left a little early. And Holy cow, I didn't realize how long your hair is getting, I like it!

We need to get together sometime either with our kids and play or just us and maybe anna and erin or with our hubbies and play some games! I just secretly bought a certain electronic device that you guys happen to already have that is really popular right now (and expensive) for christmas for john but he doesn't know I bought it! Don't tell!!! I'm excited to give it to him. I just wanted to share that info with someone because I'm really bad at not keeping a secret like that!

Merry Christmas if we don't see you before the 25th!

Jae said...

Kara you look sooo good! I never get to see you and then everyt ime I do I'm like omg Kara! lol. Your family pic is adorable.