Wednesday, August 20, 2008

This is Kate...


She's adorable huh?



This is Kate at nap time & bed time ....


I know, I know, it's not a flattering picture ... BUT, this is what I see EVERY time it's time to sleep, or if she's devastated for whatever reason. On Sunday night, she chewed through, yes CHEWED THROUGH the last of 3 pacifiers. She lost one, and chewed through 2 of them. We decided we weren't going to buy any more. It's been pretty rough on her. She was ADDICTED to it. Seriously. She would go through the motions of pulling her paci out of her mouth before she ate, even if she didn't have it in her mouth! Two nights ago Dale layed in bed with her to help her fall asleep (that's the only way she'd be calm) and every once in a while, she'd just do a sucking motion with her mouth the way she sucked her paci. I feel bad for her really. I'm so temped to give her one (yeah, we do have ONE, but I'd rather not go digging for it) but it's time to be done with it. Hopefully she'll learn to cope sooner than later.

5 comments:

Laurie said...

Don't give in!! It'll be hard this week, but then you'll be over it and that will be so nice. Although, my Kate was especially cranky today and I would have loved to give her something to quiet her down.....

Sarah said...

I hope so, too. Did you see Rachel Ray with Leah Remini last week? I couldn't believe it! But, who am I to say anything? I only have a two month old.

Chelsey said...

Your family is soooo cute! Your a Doll!!Love ya Sassy!!

Nathaly said...

Kate is so cute! I'm so jealous you're dealing with a paci issue. I have no idea what I'm going to do about my thumb sucker.

About the recipes, I think my problem with the oatmeal bars is that because I have to use soybutter, it changes the taste and texture. I bet if I did it with regular butter and cinnamon, I would really like them. Anyway if there are any recipes you remember you wanted to try, I can email them to you.

The A.Wahls said...

Good luck and be tough; you'll be glad you were when it's finally over. Just keep telling yourself "it's a phase!" It works for me anyway. My baby Allie has discovered her thumb (yikes!) I can only imagine what that will mean in the future!