Sunday, June 01, 2008

Wow!

I always heard moms talk about how busy they were. How they didn't have time to get on the computer or do whatever. Given, since I've had kids, I don't always have time to do what I've wanted and keep up on projects and things like that. However, I always found the time to sit at the computer, and I did it way more than I should have. Will and Kate can entertain themselves pretty well, but they can also get into trouble when they aren't being watched really well. Lol. I think since we've moved and our internet has been hooked up, I've gotten online about 1-2 times each day, and had enough time to check my e-mail, and a couple other "essential" things and that's it. I like to check everyone's blogs (that huge list on the right hand side, yeah, that one) often, and after 1 1/2 weeks, I still haven't gotten to everyones. It's crazy to me. I just think, what have I been so busy with? Well, just kids. It's funny because I can't say WHAT we've done that keeps us busy, but we just have been. I'm amazed also at how our TV time has dwindled since living here. The kids still watch, but it's lessened so much.
Having three kids has been pretty crazy. Someone is always needing something! Really, always. I've been really wanting to start spending more time with the kids and really taking advantage of the time that I have with them while they are little. They are such a pain sometimes, but I know that I'm totally going to miss them being little and actually WANTING to play with me, and have me read to them, and just getting down and playing with them. I know I'll miss that. For some reason it's taken me forever to really actually DO that with them. I really think that's one blessing that Spencer has brought into our home. He's just tiny, and I want to enjoy that, and let the other two kids enjoy having a new baby brother. The more kids that are in our family, time lessens for each to spend time alone, with anyone! We're trying to find ways that we can be with each alone, and it's so fun to have that time too. It's just funny how over time perspective changes and we finally do what we know we need to do. The Lord never hands us a task that we can't accomplish. It might seem that way, but he really doesn't. Being a mom is the best thing in the world! I love my kids so much. Being a mom is also the hardest thing in the world. I still love my kids so much though, lol.
We're mostly moved in and slowing getting the little things done that need to be done. Spencer is just adored in our family. Will and Kate both totally love him, and are in his face all the time trying to play with him. He deals with it well, lol. He's such a trooper. Dale is working, and will be taking the GRE sometime this month. Will is doing well -- his birthday is on Tuesday! He'll be THREE! Crazy huh? Kate is great. ;) She's cute and such a happy little person. Her favorite thing right now is reading books, it's so adorable.
Well, here they come! Enjoy our craziness that we've had over the last couple of weeks!

No comments: