Monday, June 30, 2008

"Don't Blink"

I was in the car listening to the radio and a song by Kenny Chesney called, Don't Blink. The line that stuck in my mind was about how children grow up so quick and we don't want to blink and miss their childhood and them growing up.
I'm amazed at how big Spencer is already. He's such a little chunk, and so adorable, and just getting SO big! He's almost 2 months old and I can't believe it. As I was listening to this song, I thought what is something that is so adorable that my kids do that I'm going to miss and maybe someday never remember? Well, something came to mind so quickly, I knew I had to take a picture and post about it. This is one of my first posts that I feel so so much more about having this blog for us and to remember what happened for my kids sakes and for mine and Dale's once we start forgetting life more than we do.
As for this picture I talked about that I wanted to take ... well! All 3 of our kids have the cutest little trait that they ALL got from their dad. They ALWAYS do this:

Willard's feet

Kate's chubby feet

Spencer's tiny feet


I love it! I love all three of them too. They drive me crazy some days, but I wouldn't trade being their mom for anything. It's the most amazing thing ever. What a blessing they all are to us.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

What a cute idea Kara. I don't know the song, but it sounds like a good one. I can't believe Spencer is already that old! I feel like I just barely moved - it can't have been that long already! Anyway, thanks for the great post.

Amy said...

I didn't realize they all did that with their feet! How adorable!! By the way, that is one of my favorite songs ever, and oh so true.

Sarah said...

what a kick! no pun intended. Hope we can see you guys soon.

Chris Jewell said...

So, I check your blog pretty often, and this has been the top post for a while now. The funny thing is, every time I check it, I realize that I'm sitting with my ankles crossed. I never would have paid attention to it before.