Welcome to our Blog! Take a look around and check things out! Thanks for keeping up with our family!
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
We Thank Thee of God For a Prophet
It's taken me a little while to decide what I wanted to say about the passing of President Hinckley. I have read post after post talking about the wonderful man, leader and prophet that he was through out his life. Today was the first time that I actually cried because of the death of this wonderful man. When I talked to my mom for a few minutes about it, she realized that this was the only prophet our generation really remembers. I was 12 when President Hinckley was called to be the prophet, and I still remember turning the TV on one Saturday morning and finding out that President Hunter has passed away. My neighbor came over and told Dale and I on Sunday night. I have so many mixed feelings. I will greatly miss the never ending example that he was of Christ. He was SO uplifting when he spoke at General Conference. I was always amazed when at the end of his talks, generally the last session of conference, he would mention that we can all do a little better including himself. He always made me feel like I could make it through whatever might be troubling me. His words helped me feel like I could be a successful mother. I will miss him. However, I am SO happy for him. He and his wife were perfect together. I loved to see them together and speak of one another. Never a bad word of the other. Sister Hinckely was just so hilarious and so real and down to earth. I can only imagine what life would be like without Dale right now. I can't fathom what it'd be like after being married for as long as they were. I am SO happy that President Hinckely can finally be reunited with his wonderful wife. I am so happy to have the gospel in my life and know what we have to look forward to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey I tagged you. Look at my blog.
Post a Comment