I realized today that I love baking! I have known this for a time now, but I really do. I think it is so much fun. I think it would be a lot more enjoyable with a dishwasher to help when I'm done, but nonetheless, it's still great. I made bread today for the first time (without the help of my bread machine). It was so great. I really liked making it. It was SO much fun, and so much easier than I thought that it would be.
I've also realized that I really like to make a really nice meal. I can not do this every night, and every night I wouldn't enjoy it. I love to have people over and to have a nice big meal -- every once in a while. Maybe 2 times a month (ya know, 2 Sundays). I think it's fun to try to get everything together, and make due with what we have, and make a good dinner.
It's been really interesting this week. We're kind of letting our food "run out," in that we're trying to use up the random things that never get used because you just go shopping and then make other "easier" meals and such. It's been an adventure to make new things or old things, but from scratch (like bread today). We have so many convinces in this life. It's really amazing. It seems like we can buy anything and everything these days, and we are always so quick paced. I think that's why I enjoyed making bread today. The bread had to be kneaded for 10 minutes, and I just sat there listening to the music that we had going in our home, and the kids were being good, and Dale was just playing with them. It made for a great start to our afternoon (not to mention our church meetings, lol). I felt like I was living in Nauvoo or something. I loved it. It was like I felt hope for tomorrow, which sometimes doesn't always come with two kids crying and running and wanting attention. All the while there is cleaning and cooking and this and that to be done. I wished for a slower pace in life. I would just imagine how life must have been back in the 1800s. I feel such a love for all those people that lived their lives and were such wonderful examples to all of us today. Life is so different, but it seems we still have the same goals that a were taught to them and passed through generations to us. It was the type of remembrance that I needed today. My heart aches sometimes for the opportunity to live in Nauvoo again, and espeically to share such a special place with my children. I hope that Dale and I have many opportunities to share the history of this church with our family as they grow. I hope that they will appreciate it so much. It took me a LONG time to appreciate and love the history that is associated with the church, but I love it so much. I love the people, and the places so very much.
On to some fun news. Kate is sitting up! I can hardly believe it, but I'm SO excited about this. She just wants to see everything and be involved in everything that's going on, and she finally can (at least by herself). She still falls back when she's excited, but she's getting better everyday!
5 comments:
Way to go, Kate!! Sitting all on your own! And what good looking loaves of bread.
Looks like yummy bread! Makes me hungry just looking at it, and how fun that little Kate is sitting! I can't believe that she's that big already...she's adorable!
Wow- bread looks good. I got some raspberry jam if you want. Come on over! My bread never turns out that well. I think I can't knead.
That bread looks awesome Sassy! Katie was so much happier after she learned to sit up! Now she's almost walking :( Oh well, I guess she has to sometime!
You're so cool. I have only made bread once, and it was terrible, and I am ever so grateful that I can just buy it. Cute blog! I'm happy that Oakcrest is one of the 10 most beautiful places you've been. :)
I'm thinking we'll go to the Creamery on Friday morning. Last week we went to the bakery after the girls took their naps, and I think that Anna's donut filled her up because she only ate 2 bites of dinner. Anyway, how about 11? Invite anyone you want!
Post a Comment