Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Empowerment as a Mother

It's 5:06 PM right now, and I'm waiting for Dale to get home from work. It's that time of day for me when I become a mother that doesn't care what the kids do. Will is on the floor next to me totally going through our Ensign magazine's ... I know he could be looking at worse things. These are something I usually try not to let him get into. We have The Friend for him, and he can pretty much do whatever he wants. Kate is in her swing admiring a monkey rattle that we have for her, and hasn't started crying yet. Dale gets off work at 5:00. He just called and is coming home. This is the time of day, that some days is the best! Lol. I love my children, and by 5:00 I'm ready for them to jump around, talk to, and want to be held by someone else. Becoming a mother is an interesting thing some days. It totally changes your life. I love my music. I miss it too. Lol. I'm sitting here typing this listening to Signing Time CD's in hopes that Will might be able to enjoy it and be distracted by it instead of going into the kitchen and pulling as many dishes as possible off the counter that I just cleaned (someday I'll have a dishwasher, and it won't be named Kara). So far it's worked ... but only because after putting the music on he found some of the those little stickers that come with new blank videos so you can label the videos. :) There are days you must smile at life and appreciate what has been given to us.



On another note, I feel so blessed today! Will woke up from his nap earlier than I anticipated, but it worked out. I really, really needed to do the dishes, they were starting to take over my kitchen. I can't function in my house if my bed is not made and my dishes are taking over everything in the kitchen. Well, Will woke up, and I put a video in that Will loves and had been asking for for days, but was lost until today :) It was happy when I found it. I took Kate upstairs to sleep, and I was able to do my dishes. Kate woke up as I was finishing the last pan! It was so fantastic. Will was pretty good at watching his show while I was in the kitchen. I was also able to listen to General Conference on my iPod as I did the dishes. There are times when I want to take advantage of this time to listen to "my music", but knew that I would be better to listen to the latest Conference. It's so nice to hear encouraging and loving words from our modern day Prophets. When I can take the chance to listen to their words I really feel empowered as a person and a mother. I feel like the world isn't against me in my pursuit to raise my children to do what is right and good. I love it! It's such a testimony builder that this really is the Church of Jesus Christ and He is the one that is the head of it.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Ditto, ditto, ditto!

Cricket :)

Lori said...

Thanks for sharing that Kara! You make me smile. When I am a mom I'll have to call you for some tips!

Unknown said...

I loved this post, Kara! Its nice to know that you're not the only Mother having those feelings! I bet you are such a great mom. It is fun to stay updated on you!