Apparently I'm a complete slacker at blogging this month! I've just gotten busy with life, and haven't posted much. Hopefully, I'll be able to catch up on what has been going on!
Well, June and July have been VERY busy for us. Dale's parents were preparing to leave for a mission to Asuncion Paraguay Temple. We've been back and forth between Provo and Logan SO much, but it's been good.
Let's start with June!
** We celebrated Will's 2nd birthday on June 3rd. It was great fun. He had some friends over as well as family members, and they were able to just play and have a grant ol' time in the backyard.
Here is a picture of the cake I made. It was super yummy. I must confess, I got it from Martha Stewart, and totally recommend it.
Here are some more party pictures. Will and Kate, and then some with Will's friends. The table was a gift from his grandparents, and he LOVES it!
** That same weekend, we were so excited to be able to attend a sealing and blessing of our niece! It was great to see my brother and his family. They traveled here from Arizona so that all the family could meet our cute niece and see their family sealed! What a blessing it was, and she is such a doll! I'm not sure I have a picture of her, but I might be able to dig one up at some point.
** The weekend of the 16th we had a big family reunion with Dale's side of the family. It was fun to see some of the extended family that I don't know well and talk with them and get to know them. It was also great to see Grandma Leah again. She's such a wonderful woman. It was fun to be able to go up to Logan and to USU campus again. It's been a long time since I've been on campus, and I still love it there! :) I'm glad we were able to make it and have the opportunity to meet and visit with so many aunts, uncles, and cousins.
** The next weekend, we were able to spend some time with Dale's immediate family in Island Park for a family reunion with just the family. We started our weekend out by taking the long drive up to Island Park. Will got to ride with Grandma and Grandpa which worked out wonderfully for everyone! :) We stopped at a restaurant just outside of Rexburg, ID and I totally can't remember the name now, but they have these HUGE hamburgers. Don't believe me? That's Kate next to it, in case you were distracted! Lol.
On Sunday after church as a family we went to Big Springs and were able to see some fish. Will was so excited about that! It's so fun to see the excitement in the small things that we so often don't even notice.
It was a great time, just hanging out with family and playing around! Thanks everyone who helped make it possible.
Now on to July!!
** The 4th of July was fun. We didn't do much except drive back to Provo from Logan. We did take a family picture, which I'm so glad we remember! No fireworks or anything though, I know, we're so boring.
** That next Sunday we were up in Logan again so we could listen to Wayne and Betty speak in church. We're glad we could make it and see SO many different friends and family members there. They did a wonderful job, and they seemed so ready to be in the mission field.
** The next Sunday we were up in Logan again for the setting apart. It was great to share that experience and one I feel like we'll remember for a long time. We were so excited (and still are) for them.
** July 16th was the big MTC day. We were lucky to be able to see Wayne and Betty 3 or 4 times while they were in the MTC (only there for 2 weeks) since we live close. Will had a grand ol' time seeing Grandma and Grandpa so often, but I felt so bad for him as he really had no idea that he wouldn't see them again until he was 4!!
Yesterday we saw them one last time before they were leaving the country! It was great, and we really enjoyed the time we had with them. We know they'll be amazing missionaries, and be able to help the people in Paraguay so much.
** Next was Peter's blessing! It was so great, and he was adorable (as always). Kate is so lucky to have a cousin so close in age to her! I don't have any pictures from that night, but here a picture of Kate and Peter together!
Well, I think that leads us to where we are today. We've been able to enjoy life and our home, and our beds the last couple of weeks and we're loving it. Life is slow moving, but that's all right. The kids are doing great, and growing so quickly. Will LOVES to sing primary songs, and does a great job. Kate is starting to laugh when we tickle her, and is such a content and happy little girl. We love them both so much!
2 comments:
Sounds like you've been busy!! My husband served his mission in Paraguay Asuncion. From what I hear, the people a great!! Your kids are adorable, you guys are the cutest family.
-- Jessie (Elder) Evans
Jessie! I I thought that was you last time you posted, but I wasn't sure. It's great to hear from you, I'm glad you're doing well. I found your blog, and I love it, so cute.
Post a Comment