Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Race Day

My mom and I signed up for a Relay Half Marathon.
I was so excited b/c I've always wanted to run a half marathon and figured this would be a great way to run a reasonable distance to get me started.

It turned out a little trickier than expected.  
I was told I would be running 7 miles as the first runner and my mom would run 6 as the second runner.
However, it turned out the other way.
I was totally prepared to run another mile when I saw my mom.
Things got a little tricky for my mom when we finally realized she would be running the longer distance.  She did great though!  I know she hard a rough spot for a bit during her run, but we finished!  Hooray!!

Just for the record, my mom HAS run a couple half marathons, so it wasn't like the 7 miles wasn't something she'd never done.  There were just a few factors that weren't known at the time that made things tricky.  She did awesome though.

Coming into the finish line.

Yay!  There it is. 

We finished!   

I totally want to do a Half Marathon even more now.  
Who knows, maybe I'll do one before the end of the year.  :)

4 comments:

Karen said...

Good for you, that's awesome!

Two Restless Retirees said...

If it wasn't for you I don't know that I would have made it across the Finish at all. The heat, not enough water on the course and maybe the longer than expected distance that made it "trixsy" - but we got our medals and we can say we did it. Lesson learned? I will carry my own water and electrolytes no matter what they tell me!

Deanna said...

Congrats! Aren't races so fun?! What an accomplishment to do it with your mom!

Sarah said...

What an awesome experience. I am so proud of you. Good job, you guys!