Yesterday I opened up blogger so I could write this post. I never got to it though. Yesterday was one of those days where I wanted to run away. I just couldn't handle it. You know what I've learned though??? If I'm lacking sleep ... I'm not a fun mom. I'm tired, cranky and I want a nap and my husband home to help. It makes for a long 8 hour day.
For 2 nights straight my cute little wonder sleeper Hannah slept 4 hours each night, broken up. It was so not good for me. Then yesterday she was CRANKY. She wouldn't nap, and fussed and cried, and fussed and cat napped and fussed and cried, and cat napped. You get the idea.
When Hannah was
By the end of the day when Dale asked if I'd be okay with him stopping and picking up something for our yard before coming home (and resulting in him being 40 minutes later than usual) I told him he could if he wanted, but things would be worse by the time he got home.
He just came home.
In the mists of the craziness, I finally came out of my tired/cranky/I want a nap funk and took some pictures of my kids.
Sisters
My babies
Admiring his baby sister
Will adores her. I love watching these two together.
Spencer falls asleep watching a movie at least once a week while Will's at school (during the babies naps). He always falls asleep in silly positions. I love it.
Ummm ... I'm posting a video of my cute Spencer Wayne. I love how he talks. He's hard to understand sometimes, but he says the sweetest things. So I was getting him to do his little ritual (which he didn't do how he normally does, of course) of him saying how he loves everyone in our family, and in the back ground you'll be able to hear my dear, sweet 4 year old daughter screaming at me. It really was like that all day .... awesome!!!! Oh, and at the end, Spencer stopped b/c of what Kate was saying to him, he was really sad.
Yesterday was a lot of work for me to be a mom. A LOT! It was a lot of work to not scream and yell and be annoyed, constantly. It was a lot of work to try to calm my baby and help her and figure out what she wants. It was a lot of work to give all the kisses that needed to be helped and talk to the offender that gave the owie. It was a lot of work to stop the fighting, clean the house (oh wait ... that never got done), feed the children, drive to various destinations.
Today! Today is better. We played with a dear friend this morning. Will is at school & Kate and Spencer getting along (for the moment). Hannah is content and happy sitting on my lap and letting me write. Jack is peacefully napping. The plan is to walk to pick up Will from school. The kids and I need out, and it's a good excuse since the weather is wonderful.
6 comments:
Kara Lynn, you amaze me. You are just...amazing. Awesome writing, awesome pictures, awesome kids, awesome you.
Love from your biggest fan,
mom
You totally rock. I envy your patience, even on the rough days you have it all together. Glad to hear things were better today! :)
If you ever need to vent...801-878-9997. It is a hotline number for mom's with five kids you call it on the days that you are "done" and another mom with five kids of her own will answer and sympathize during the hard moments as she has had her fair share. Then she will remind you of the great moments that make the hard moments worth it. Then she will reassure you that it gets easier in a way when 3 of them go to school and you have something to look forward too. Love you sister, hang in there!
I feel like I have a lot of "bad" days and I only have one child. I blame it on being pregnant, that alone makes me cranky. But I do envy what a great mother you are. I love reading your blog.
I love the photo with Jack - what an awesome sight that smile is :) I hope to see it live one day.
Oh man, I am so there. But this week I had a mind-shift. I realized that I do control a lot of how things go in my house if I choose to work hard from the get-go and be happy myself. I don't know how you do it every day, but I am glad you do because I love those five little kiddos. :)
Post a Comment