I was driving away from preschool this morning.
Every other day when I take that road, and see where I was hit, I always get a little nervous.
But today ... today I realized that it had been one month!
Then I realized I hadn't posted the closer pictures of the van.
Our van was (finally) declared totaled.
It took way too many phone calls on our part, but it happened.
We were sad, but glad too.
I was worried I'd have to drive around the van fixed ... and that worried me, lol.
Anyways, here is a closer look at the van.
The first impact (from what I'm told, lol).
Closer look at the head light.
Closer look at the bumper.
You can see the metal of the car is smashed up against the tire here.
They had to put the tire on that little rolly cart thing to tow it away.
The first thing I saw once I stopped the car. The passenger air bags out.
I knew it was bad. Then I hurt my babies crying. Relief!
The next thing I saw was the air bags out in the back of the car.
That is the seat Jack was in. Kate was right behind him.
This is a weird shot b/c the appraiser had been there earlier and opened the door on the side the car was hit. It couldn't close again ... so this is the second impact that we took (the one that set the air bags off) but the shot is like through the door and the car, if that makes sense, lol. The smashed in part you can see enough though.
Tail light. I didn't even notice this until I took this picture.
Like I said, the door had been opened earlier that day.
See the wire, and the door barely hangin' on. Yeah ...
This is a picture the day I was hit. That's just the far away view of it all.
(Just as a reminder, the firefighters opened the hood, that didn't happen during the accident.)
No comments:
Post a Comment