Hannah's story:
We arrived at the hospital at 6:30 AM. Around 8:45 I got my epidural (there was a waiting list, and a c-section he had to attend ... but it worked out. As I told my nurse, it's good to feel a few good contractions then I can really appreciate the epidural, lol). At about 9:30 the doctor broke my water to make sure that things got going for me. We learned after Jack's birth that if my water is broken sooner, I progress FAST. I was like 3 cm when he broke my water.
My nurse checked to see my dilation at around 11:30 and I was 5 cm. With Jack I got to five, was there for a bit and then went to a 10 within minutes. I focus on the contractions I was feeling (I was feeling pressure, I had and epidural ... no pain, but pressure was there, lol), because I knew when to call the nurse. At 11:45 I felt a TON of pressure and I knew I was complete and ready to go. Nurse came in, and I was right. Call the doctor, and he had to come to the hospital from his office. He was called at 11:54 and got here at 12:10 PM. He came, and I had a contractions, and her head was out ... it was crazy fast. She was born at 12:14 PM. She swallowed some fluid so she was gagging and choking a bit, but did well.
Her APGAR scores were 8/9. She was 8 lbs even and 19.5 inches long. She's a good baby. She's still trying to figure out eating, but does a pretty good job. She's super sleepy still, which is nice, lol. We are excited to get back home and have Hannah in our family and lives and part of everything we do!
1 comment:
I like reading the nice, easy birth stories. Hooray for you and your cute little tiny that things went so well.
Post a Comment