Wednesday, December 01, 2010

California Trip Part 1

We had an awesome opportunity to head to California for one last visit to my wonderful in-laws before they come back home in about 7 months. We usually head out there during Christmas break, but since we're having a baby in January, we decided not to go that close.
Dale had a work conference about 1 1/2 hours away from where they lived. That was from Tuesday-Friday, so he headed down there, and I stayed with my IL's for those days, then we stayed a whole other week! The kids and I got to play for 2 weeks. It was great!

First up, our trip to the Santa Barbra Zoo. It was a lot of fun. We are so glad that Grandma was able to come along with us!

Grandma and the kids in front of some random animal I can't remember the name of now. :)

Everyone in front of the elephants.

Penguin swimming

Grandma and Will with the penguins.

Kate was SO excited to see the giraffes. So, here she is. She thought it was wonderful.

The kids and I with the flamingos ... they stunk really bad. So, yeah, that helps contribute to this awesome picture, lol.

We went back to the elephants, and they were painting!! It was really fun to watch.

A Masterpiece (or something like that).

The kids and I again ... a little better.


There was a LOT of playing that went on while we were there. Some was on grandma and grandpa's play ground, and some was at a fun beach park. Just for the record, Kate did these things with the boys, I just have no idea why she isn't in any pictures, lol.

Loves to cute smiles, while digging.

Fun swinging as high as he could.

Lots of sliding ...

Climbing ...

And boys just having a blast playing.

Beautiful view at the beach park.

Spencer on the ship. Love this picture.

The park.

Will on the zip line type thing.
**Also for the record, I totally didn't even go to this beach park. G & G took the kids while Dale and I stayed back at the house with Jack ... lol. So, these pictures have been brought to you by my IL's. :)

We had our weekly Friday Night Pizza Party. It was a lot of fun.

Everyone watching the movie (I honestly can't remember what we even watched).

The crew.

No comments: