Friday, December 04, 2009

Jacks Birth Day

One month ago today our lives and family changed (for the good) forever! :) Jack Dennison was born one month ago today and I can hardly believe it! What a whirlwind life was for the first little while of his life! Luckily it's slowing down (at least from what it was), and hopefully we'll be able to stay in the calm that our life has become for a while.

Jack Dennison December 4th -- one month old!
I realized the other day that I never took the time to write the birth story of Jack. Feel free to skip this if you'd like, but honestly, it's pretty boring, and not gross, lol. But I want to have it written down somewhere we can read later on. I realized the other day that I have already forgotten a lot of the details I try to specifically remember. Oh well right? Hopefully I'll get it close enough.
I had an induction scheualed for 7:30 AM on November 4th. Because my pregnancy was crazy in that I was having contractions constantly by the end, etc, I knew that I would get a call early on the 4th telling me they were full. Well, sure enough my phone rings at 5:30 AM telling me they are full, and will be calling me soon. If I didn't hear from them by 10 AM I could call and ask what was going on. Well, I called right be 10 AM because I had drop Will off at preschool by 10 AM, and said she was about to call me and tell me to be there at 11 AM! YAY! We had a time we could arrive. So, we made sure we were all packed and ready to go and around 10:40 AM we headed over to the hospital.
We got checked in and in our room (which was kind of in a weird spot, and a double room. They assured me they wouldn't be using the other bed, but it worked out great because Dale had a bed to sleep in, lol), and met my nurses (yes, there were two). They were both so great. I've always lucked out to have really great nurses during my labor. They got me all hooked up to everything and got the anethesiologist notified that I wanted my pain meds, and we were good to go. By I think around 12 PM I was just waiting for things to happen. Well, when we got to the hospital I was at 3 cm, and I stayed at 3 cm for way too long, lol. Around maybe 3 PM or 4 PM I had finally dilated to 5 cm. Also, my epidural was really weird. I could still feel some in my legs. Enough I could move one, and the other started to eventually come around a little bit. But my stomach was still really numb. My nurse told me that I got an almost perfect epidural then because you want your legs to not be totally numb, but your stomach to be numb. Kind of interesting.
Anyways, so we were kind of waiting around for the doctor to come if he got a chance during the day. About 4:30 PM the nurse comes in to tell me that my doctor will be in sometimes between 5 PM and 5:30 PM to break my water. Hopefully sooner than later. He got there around 5:15 - 5:20 PM and got all caught up on things. He broke my water and was off. Oh, he also told me it was a race between me and another girl who he had just broken her water, lol.
Around 6:15 PM I started feeling some pressure with the contraction. Called in the nurse (felt pressure with Kate, and she came out without anyone knowing, like came out, so I was a little bit worried), and she checked me, and I was still at 5 cm. Boo! Well, about 10 minutes later, I was trying to decide if I was having constant pressure, or just pressure during contractions. Dale decided we needed to call in the nurse again, it was her job, and we weren't bothering her. Lol. He pushes the button, and hands the thing to me. Grr! :) I tell her, she comes in and I'm at 10 cm. Okay ... yeah, things change quickly in 10 minutes. So, they start getting the bed all ready and all that jazz, and I'm feeling pressure and it's crazy, and I start getting emotional because holy cow! I'm having a baby. It's weird. Doctor gets there about 6:45 PM, and I push through like 1 1/2 contractions, and ta da! We meet our little Jack. He's adorable, and I'm IN LOVE with his hair (this was my request for having a long, hurtful pregnancy, and I'm still super grateful that 1. he has it and 2. that that request was fulfilled). He was born at 7:01 PM on November 4th and weighted in at 8 obs 7 oz and was 20 inches long. Adorable! Love him!


**I just want to add in that it's interesting to look back, and see what a huge blessing it was not to be able to have the other kids come to the hospital. I say that only because they were without me for 48 hours (a little more really), and it's been a long time since that's happened. It was a huge, huge preparation time for the time I would be spending at Primary Children's with Jack a week later. Spencer had a hard time while I was gone at the hospital when I had Jack, but later, he did a lot better, and I think that time away ended up being really crucial for him, and us so we could be a little bit more prepared to be away from the older kids.
I also would like to add what a HUGE blessing it was to have Jack at home for that 7 days. I think then the kids understood a little bit more of what was going on because they had seen, held, and been with Jack, and understood that he was hurt, and needed us, etc.
Just interesting to see now how the Lord prepared us for what we would all be going through with Jack.
Anyways, happy one month little baby! I love you! You are amazing, and such a little trooper. By the way, as of three days ago you weighted 8 lbs 11 oz! Way to go! :) When you left PCMC you were 7 lbs 7 oz. Super proud of you.

No comments: