Yesterday morning I called Jack's room to talk to his nurse. She said that he was doing well, and so far he hadn't given her any problems. He'd had morphine in the night twice, and she was unsure why. Later I found out they had to put the catheter back in (it went in for surgery), so I'm really wondering if they gave him some for that. At about 1:20 PM yesterday I was folding laundry and feeling horrible and I got a phone call from a random number, that I thankfully answered. It was Jack's nurse and she was calling to tell me that Jack was OFF HIS BREATHING TUBE!!!! They had just taken it out and he was doing wonderfully. I was so so so excited. I think I didn't care that I felt like junk any more. She also told me they'd be putting in a feeding tube for at least 6-8 hours b/c they have to wait a little while after the tube comes off to feed by mouth. He's getting the milk I've been pumping though, and he's doing awesome. By now he's probably up to the amount they wanted him to be. He's tolerating it very well. He's crying, and sucking on his binkie, and making baby noises. I'm so so excited. They also said because of the progress he's made, they will most likely be moving him out of the Pediatric ICU this morning (right around the time I plan to be there). That was huge huge, news! So great. I guess he'll be transfered to a unit that is for children that have had brain surgeries and other brain related things done for the recovery (at least right now). I can't remember what I was told it's called, but I'm sure I'll know soon enough. :) Anyways, that's the big update on Jack yesterday. My mom kept giving me great updates, and she took some super cute pictures, so enjoy them!!
Jack sleeping peacefully before grandma and grandpa left.
Sleeping still. Oh so cute, I can't wait to see him. Also, this is a pretty close up picture, so you can see the drain in his head pretty good, if you're interested in seeing such things (honestly, I think it's kind of gross, but somehow I'm able to tolerate seeing it -- yeah, just another blessing really, lol).
Sucking away! Ahh, super cute. Again, the tube if you think that's cool. Lol
Another binkie picture. And he's all wrapped up, which is big deal too. He's usually just been under the heating lamp kind of wrapped up, but not really. So it's good he can be wrapped up now.




6 comments:
Kara it seriously makes me happy to see him doing so well! I have been thinking about you a lot lately and I hope you are really doing okay. I've held my baby a little more in the past few days because of what has happened to you! You are still in our prayers and I hope Jack gets to come home to his family soon!!
Go Jack Go! That is GREAT news! Enjoy him today. :)
Oh I am so happy for you that is great news. As a mom I think it's hard to see your kids go through trials especially when they are so tiny. It make the old saying really seem true "This hurts me more than it hurts you".
It makes me SO happy to hear the good news. PLEASE call me if I can watch your other kids or do ANYTHING! I would love to help in whatever way I can!
I'm so sorry to hear all that you have been through. I have never been through such a scary thing with my children, but I have been through some scary things, and I always think it is so amazing how you just can handle the situation when it comes. You think you never will be able to handle something like that, but when it happens you can. I'm so happy he is doing better. I hope his recovery continues to progress quickly!
Yeah! That is good news. I am glad you were able to be home for awhile and still able to watch over Jack. Sorry about you not feeling well. That is AWFUL!
Post a Comment