Today I took Will to his gymnastics class. Usually we all go, or Dale takes him so he can study a little. I needed out of the house, and a bit of a break from being mom. I took and book and enjoyed. I text Dale and told him that I wanted a hot dog instead of a hamburger for dinner (he was grilling tonight and planned to have it done when Will and I got home). Well, I walk in to door, and the table is set, and there are bowls at everyones place. I was a little confused. Dale starts putting this food on the table that is not in bowls that we own. I asked what was going on and he told me that a sister from our ward felt like she needed to bring us dinner tonight. I totally broke down and cried (like three different times). Yeah, I know I'm 8 months pregnant, but SERIOUSLY! I was amazed. This person is so busy, she is SO busy, and she took time to make and bring my family dinner tonight. It's so simple, but that's the thing. I can't seem to do anything simple right now. It was such a huge blessing. I feel so grateful for this sister and her willingness to follow through with something she felt like she should do. It was huge for me.
On a mostly unrelated note, Will's last day of gymnastics is on Thursday, and I'll be posting some pictures of him. I'm excited. He's really loved it, and it's been so great for him. Anyways, just something to look forward to here on our blog.
4 comments:
Sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time.
Wow, that is so sweet of that sister! I'm so glad you had dinner brought to you. :) Hang in there. You're almost done!
so great to hear you've got some help! jack will soon be here! woot!
Just think, life is hard right now... but some day you will be able to give back to so many others because you will know what it has been like to be there & do that. (Less than one month to go now; you will make it!)
Post a Comment