Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Child's Prayer

I was checking my e-mail and the kids were just playing with each other and their toys. Will and Kate were by the toy box looking for something, and I had no idea what it was. Kate walked away to do something else, and all the sudden I hear this from Will:

"Heavenly Father, would you please help me find Kate's purple thingy? Thank you." Then he looks a little. "Heavenly Father please help me." Kate walks back over to Will. He says, "Kate we can't find it. You need to say a prayer so Heavenly Father can help you find it. I'll help you. Say, 'Heavenly Father'" Will waits for Kate, but she doesn't repeat. I ask what he's looking for he tells me (it's a little bean bag I made for the kids the other day), it was by the TV. It was found, and it was a great moment. :)

5 comments:

Deanna said...

Glad you documented this. I love children's sweet prayers!

Jenny said...

cute.

Krystal said...

that's the cutest, sweetest thing I've heard all week!

Sarah said...

Aw... love that kid. Way to teach 'em Kara!

Kaytie Brown said...

That is SO sweet! I love "this is all worth it" moments