Monday, November 03, 2008

Becoming Aware

Some of you might remember this story about a Saratoga Springs Home Explosion. This happened back in February 2007. Well, I was looking around Will's preschool website and as I was looking around, I noticed that his preschool teacher had another website that was an awareness website about her sister-in-law. It turns out that Will's teacher was best friends and sisters-in-law with April, the wife and mother that was killed in the home explosion. As I looked around at the website I was amazed and in awe as I read what was shared about April. I had no idea that there were different detectors for Carbon Monoxide and for other gases. It makes sense, I guess I've just never really thought about it before. I highly recommend reading THIS WEBSITE and reading the link that Michelle's story of April. It is awesome. It is a little long, but worth the read and being informed. I guess having remembered this story very clearly and then finding out that I knew someone that was so directly involved makes it a little more touching for me.

2 comments:

Morgan Hagey said...

Wow, Kara, I had no idea about all the detectors either...

And I like your signature, how'd you do that?

Jenny said...

I remember that being on the news too. So sad. I love that blogs give us a chance to see the heart of difficult situations and get more than just the newscasters informational explanation. It is amazing the various tragedies and trials that are constantly experienced - so many that come on unexpectedly.