Thursday, May 10, 2007

So Funny!

Today has been a good day for us. The weather has finally gotten better and we've been outside so much. Will's had a fun time playing with his friends. Yesterday we put the sprinkler on but only little Villi played in it! Lol. Will did like 4 times, then was done with it. Caleb still hates it ... poor kid! Hopefully we'll get him to like the water soon. It's fun to have friends that Will can play with and moms that I can talk with and be friends with while the kids play. Dale's been going to work and we all just get to play and hang out as a family when he gets home, and that's great. We're all doing great, so that's all that matters right?! :)


I got this off of a baby web site on the forum that I go to often. I thought it was worth posting, since I'm a mom, and I know some of you are and can appreciate this. Even those that aren't mothers can appreciate it! Enjoy!


A Mother's Dictionary...

Bottle feeding: An opportunity for Daddy to get up at 2 am too.

Defense: What you'd better have around de yard if you're going to let the children play outside.

Drooling: How teething babies wash their chins.

Dumbwaiter: One who asks if the kids would care to order dessert.

Family planning: The art of spacing your children the proper distance apart to keep you on the edge of financial disaster

Feedback: The inevitable result when the baby doesn't appreciate the strained carrots.

Full name: What you call your child when you're mad at him.

Grandparents: The people who think your children are wonderful even though they're sure you're not raising them right.

Hearsay: What toddlers do when anyone mutters a dirty word.

Impregnable: A woman whose memory of labor is still vivid.

Independent: How we want our children to be as long as they do everything we say.

Look out: What it's too late for your child to do by the time you scream it.

Prenatal: When your life was still somewhat your own.

Preprared childbirth: A contradiction in terms.

Puddle: A small body of water that draws other small bodies wearing dry shoes into it.

Show off: A child who is more talented than yours.

Sterilize: What you do to your first baby's pacifier by boiling it and to your last baby's pacifier by blowing on it.

Storeroom: The distance required between the supermarket aisles so that children in shopping carts can't quite reach anything.

Temper tantrums: What you should keep to a minimum so as to not upset the children.

Top bunk: Where you should never put a child wearing Superman jammies.

Two-minute warning: When the baby's face turns red and she begins to make those familiar grunting noises.

Verbal: Able to whine in words

Whodunit: None of the kids that live in your house.

Whoops: An exclamation that translates roughly into "get a sponge."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Dale that I really will be e-mailing him. The last couple of days have been crazy! School is out this Friday though and after that I'm going to be shifting my focus to the business stuff!! :)

Unknown said...

Kara how are you?!?!?!? your little family is so adorable, how fun! (This is Brendi by the way). I was happy to finally find your blog! Hope you guys are doing well! Oh, and we changed our blog address, just so you know. It is now b2terry@blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hey Kara, me again! What program do you use for digital scrapbooking? It looks like an awesome way to scrapbook - I'm all about fast and easy with no cleanup, so I'd love to know what program you use!