Hello, hello! Life is going great for us here in good ol' Provo! The kids are well, and Dale and I are holding up! Lol.
Dale is done with school for the semester and one has a couple finals, so that's great. He is planning to take one class this Spring Semester, and will be working almost full time for the first half the summer, then full time the second half. It'll be nice to have the extra income as well. We have also found out, that Dale is going to be done with school April 2008! The decision has been made, that he'll for go his Masters Degree for right now. After a lot of thinking and looking at pros/cons we've decided that it'll be best to wait and either have a company pay for him to get it, or just do it online later. Opportunities will still come and life will still work out just fine for us, and we're excited to see an end the college life and a beginning to the "real" world.
I'm doing well, thanks to my wonderful sleeping baby! :) Kate sleeps for 2 5 hour (usually) stretches at night, and that has been great. So, we've only been waking up once a night, however, she tends to stay awake for about 1-1.5 hours when she does wake up ... so I guess that makes up for the amount she doesn't wake up. I'm holding up well, and enjoying being a mother of two. I think I just never knew what to expect with two of them, and so, because of that I've been able to adjust well. I have my days, but I think evey mom does. I've enjoyed the extra help Dale has been able to give me since school ended, but that will be short lived (although, homework won't be an issue ...).
Will is great. He's getting so big. He's always trying to say the alphabet, and skips letters here and there -- he misses about 10 or so letters. Today, he went from the letter 'P' all the way to the end without missing a letter! We were so excited for him. He love to count (to 11) and loves to try to say all the ABC's. He loves books, and is having a grand time with his little sister. He loves to "help" with her. All of her blankies must be on her, her bow (if in) must come off, so he can put it back on, her binkie (if in) must need to come out to be put back on. It's fun to watch him, and try to teach him. His newest endeavor is to actually try to pick her up. He literally puts his arms around her waist and tries to hold her. We've had some close/scary calls, but luckily Dale and/or I have been there to rescue poor little Kate who has no idea what her big brother is trying to attempt. He loves her though, and I'm happy about that. It makes life that much easier.
I would like to add some thoughts about the shootings at Virginia Tech. This hit very close to me since I have an Aunt and Uncle that work there, and a cousin that attends school there. I was VERY happy to know that they were all safe, and had no harm come to them. However, two of the people killed were known by my family members. I hope and pray that they might be able to find some peace in their lives, along with so many others that are in need of it. What a tragedy that happened. I'm sad that the man that did all this had so much anger and hurt in his life that he felt it was the only way to release it. I'm always amazed at what the world is like, and wonder what it'll be like by the time my children are in high school and college. It'll be interesting to see how things progress towards the second coming, and how the world will continue to go downward in it's actions. The positive thing that comes from such a negative thing (to me) is the unity that everyone is able to feel. For a short period of time, we put away our differences and we come together as a community and as a country and we talk of peace, and God (which seems so forbidden most of the time, espeically now), and praying for each other. It's horrifying to watch sometimes, but at the same time, comforting, knowing that we are all hoping for the same peace to come to those that are most closely effected by what has happened. Again, our thoughts and prayers have been, and will continue to be with those that have lost loved ones, have been hurt, and are struggling to get through this tragedy.
1 comment:
Yay! I love when my friends have blogs! (If I never told you, I have one too, and so does Lori and Emily!) Kate is absolutely adorable, and has a lovely name if I do say so myself!
Post a Comment